Upgrade, need suggestions

Dracula70

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I'm planning on buying a Graphic's card this week to upgrade my CyberpowerPC Black Gamer Ultra GUA250's Geforce GT 520.
I don't have a lot to spend maybe $75 at most.

I want to play mostly shooters like COD, MOH, SWOR etc.

I currently have a AMD Quad-Core FX-4100 processor 3.60GHz, 4MB L2 Cache. With a 500 watt AC 120/230 V ( 50/60 Hz) power supply, and a AMD 760G mobo with Expansion Slots Total (Free) 1 ( 0 ) x pci express x16 2 ( 2 ) x pci express x1 1 ( 1 ) x pci 2 ( 0 ) x dimm 240-pin .

I don't care where I have to order it from...unless they have a bad reputation.

I'd like a AMD since that is what my processor is, but any that will install with minimum effort is better.

I haven't overclocked or made any changes whatsoever so far and my monitor is an AOC 2243 watt with 1920 x 1080 recommended resolution.

I have heard that I might need wires for the cable supply but am not sure.

I'm thinking that the Sapphire Radeon HD6670 1 GB DDR3 VGA/DVI/HDMI PCI-Express Video Card might be my best bet but if you know of better please let me know. Thanks.

Dracula70

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I plan on putting more memory (8GBb) in it bringing it to 16 total, do you know if the graphics card is going to take up that slot? I know this sounds like a stupid question since I can just go and look for myself but I am ill right now and bending over even slight movement puts me in a lot of pain and discomfort.

Dracula70

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Well I ordered the Gigabyte Technology - Radeon HD 7750 Graphic Card - 880 MHz Core - 1 GB GDDR5 SDRAM - PCI Express 2.1 .
$117 after tax and shipping, I just couldn't wait with 2 new games set to be delivered tomorrow. Hope I can feel good enough to install it when it gets here and don't run into any problems. Thanks for everyone's help.

mohit9206

Distinguished

enjoy your new gigabyte 7750 :hello:

Dracula70

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
...I mean MOH...lol
I finished installing the new card without issue, man! it's nice! One thing I learned was the card that I took out was not the one they advertised it for. I was advertised having the GeForce GT 520 and it actually had the GeForce GT 610. I guess it doesn't matter I'm not using it anyways, but now I have a brand new 610 for sale!...lol
I installed MOH: warfighter and it runs flawlessly, I went to install SWTOR and had nothing but problems. I finally learned that it's a multi-player online game and I hate those games anyways, but I forked out the bucks for a coaster. I'll look for a couple new games this weekend being sure to make sure they have campaigns on them. If you have any suggetions for shooters let me know.

mohit9206

Distinguished
the GT610 is essentialy the GT 520 with different names. some good shooters that i have enjoyed recently are mass effect 2, resident evil 5, modern warfare 3, etc.
hey and try some benchmarks on your new hardware like 3d mark 11, cinebench etc.
also if you measure your graphic card temperature do post the results over to a thread i have created.
http://www.overclock.net/t/1316666/what-are-your-gpu-temperatures

Dracula70

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
Thanks for the game suggestions, I remember mass effect when it first came out.
I'll post some benchmark results soon, it seems that I have reached my GB limit on my
internet plan and am paying $15 a GB every one I go over.