Sign in with
Your question

Missing parts of windows.

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
January 26, 2010 11:27:22 PM

I have another issue, some programs, and yes they are 32 bit progs, I am running 64 bit ultimate. I only get part of the display. the right edge of a window, with all the stuff that should be there, is cut off, if I drag and expand the window, I only get more white space....the text and stuff is still missing..I imagine it is a 32 vers 64 problem, but I thought I would throw it out there.....

More about : missing parts windows

a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2010 2:27:53 AM

So you think the 32 bit program is installed on a 64 bit OS and the 'inherent incompatibility' of running 32 bit software on Win 64 is causing a partial display with some of the screen cut off? And the missing text and white space is an additional result of 32 bit/64 bit incompatibility? These are not symptoms of 32 software incompatibility with Windows 7 64. What software specifically are you referring to?
m
l
January 27, 2010 2:33:30 AM

the software is a coffeecup flash photo gallery maker. it is like the display won't fir into the window, so part is cut off....coffeecup. says they don't support 64 bit, so there is no help there...there is alsoanother program I have the trail version. button maker...same thing, cuts off maybe 15 or 20 percent of the right info...like with a knife, just chopped off.
m
l
Related resources
January 27, 2010 8:12:57 AM

Yes, I have had conversations with cc support, and I think at this point it is beating a dead horse.....I have used Macs, and don't really like them, but I do have to say this, there is more 64 bit support for them, it seems than for windows...a shame..well I guess you take the good with the not so good......a shame, I like the VSD concept, and would like to use their software.....I guess I will look elsewhere. for me not a good businesss model. thanks to everyone that offered advice.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2010 8:52:11 AM

Windows 7 64 has extensive built in support for 32 bit apps. Obviously, it is not Microsoft's fault coffecup has no solution for Windows 7 64 users. Don't think for a minute Microsoft is the problem and not coffecup. That idea laughable. Macs have no better support for 64 bit apps than Windows 7 has to offer.

WoW64 (Windows-on-Windows 64-bit) is a subsystem of the Windows operating system that is capable of running 32-bit applications and is included on all 64-bit versions of Windows — including Windows 2000 Limited Edition, Windows XP Professional x64 Edition, IA-64 and x64 versions of Windows Server 2003, 64-bit versions of Windows Vista and Windows Server 2008, as well as the 64 bit edition of Windows 7. In Windows Server 2008 R2 Server Core, it's an optional component. WoW64 is designed to take care of many of the differences between 32-bit Windows and 64-bit Windows, particularly involving structural changes to Windows itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WoW64

m
l
January 27, 2010 8:57:05 AM

... almost forgot to mention, don't forget anti-virus software in the Virtual PC. Microsoft's Security Essentials should suffice.
m
l
January 27, 2010 9:00:31 AM

I am not blaming MS, I am happy that I have 64 bit windows. it the backwards thinking of CC, in not supporting modern 64 bit OS. I am not understanding why companies are not embracing 64 bit tech.. it is not only the future, it is the now.....also, I have experence with Mac Linux, and Windows. Windows is my OS of choice....thanks again. I will look for a web editor, that supports 64 bit, it is only a shame, I like CC's concept. their software is really much easier for a casual web creator, then others I have seen. would have mad my life a little easier.....
m
l
January 27, 2010 9:04:49 AM

No I haven't tried that, I did enstall the components, but never went past that...If I have some time, I will have to try and figure out how to do that...Do I have to execute a VM? and install in that? Thanks for the idea

Andy2008 said:
... almost forgot to mention, don't forget anti-virus software in the Virtual PC. Microsoft's Security Essentials should suffice.

m
l
Anonymous
a b $ Windows 7
January 27, 2010 2:18:20 PM

try turning off UAC, and also running the install program in compatibility mode - Administrator = Yes...
m
l
January 27, 2010 2:29:48 PM

I was messing with the virtal xp. when I have some time I will install in there...thanks for the ideas.
m
l
!