Nvidia graphics driver stops responding

Almighty Dodge

Honorable
Oct 29, 2012
I recently built a new computer and I am having trouble with the nvidia Geforce 520 graphics card from Zotac, the driver crashes once I log in and then recovers, It doesnt crash any more after that until I try to run a game that changes the resolution or open any kind of internet browser, I have tried updating the driver, then downgrading?? the driver to 296, and then lower. I think it's because of the motherboard having onboard graphics. The computer worked fine until i put the disk that came with the motherboard into my cd drive and downloaded everything. This is quite annoying because I've yet to use the $600 build and so has my brother, who I built it for. If you need anything like a crash log or something just ask, also, when I run windows update, It downloads and installs everything except the nVidia - Graphics Adapter WDDM1.2, OTHER HARDWARE - NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 Status: Failed

unreal9400

Distinguished
Avoid downloading driver from windows update.
Download drivers directly from nvidia website.
Onboard graphics doesn't have anything to do with dedicated graphics.
Onboard graphics will be disabled automatically once a dedicated graphics card is installed.
First of all after re-installing windows install all necessary driver provided from the motherboard manufacturer CD.
Then, install the graphic driver for your nvidia card.
After that run windows update and select important and recommended updates.