Directx 9.0 install error - cabinet file cannot be trusted

I am currently runing with Directx 8.1 and when
attempting to install Directx 9.0 on my Pentium computer
Windows XP,I receive an error box "A cabinet file
necessary for installation cannot be trusted".

My id# is 55274-OEM-0041853-42907.

I would appreciate your help in resolving this problem.
Thanks for your assistance.

Michelle Cooperberg

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

You would find a possible solution in the DirectX newsgroup - not here.

"Michelle Cooperberg" <coopsmea@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>I am currently runing with Directx 8.1 and when
> attempting to install Directx 9.0 on my Pentium computer
> Windows XP,I receive an error box "A cabinet file
> necessary for installation cannot be trusted".
>
> My id# is 55274-OEM-0041853-42907.
>
> I would appreciate your help in resolving this problem.
> Thanks for your assistance.
>
> Michelle Cooperberg

i have the exact same problem! very frustrating.