Lite on problem

G

I have a lite on 12x10x32 and it hasnt worked right since i got it. It burns fine but it wont play the cds it burns..or any cdrs...its really making me mad...can somone help me please?

G

I use nero to make the cds but it just dosent read the cds I make but also the ones that were made before on my older computer using easy cd creator...

G

do you have another CDROM and when you insert the CD, does the timer of the program to play songs run? if it runs and no sound it's because your CDROM cable is only connected to cdrom and sound card..

CoOLMaNX

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2001
are you sure that your drivers and cables are all plugged in correctly? are your jumpers in there correctly? i had a problem with my old DVD drive (pioneer 106s) and when it couldnt read the CD i had to reboot and it ended up just dying, so maybe thats what's happening. Not sure though, try sticking those burnt CD's in other drives.

G

I assume that when you say "it won't play" you mean audio, if that is not what you meant, please correct me.

Check and see if it read Data CD-R's (that you burn) correctly. If it is only audio, I would check to make sure the sound cable is connected between your CD-R and your sound card. I would also check to make sure regular CD's (silver stamped) play correctly. If it still only messes up on audio cd-r's I would slow down your burning speed to 4x or 2x.

Hope that helps!