Solved

Looking to upgrade my computer for better gaming & editing!

Here are my current specs:


I am looking to upgrade my graphics card and currently, my only option is NCIX.com
I am thinking of buying this card:
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=71107&vpn=GV-N670OC-2GD&manufacture=Gigabyte&promoid=1285

or this card:
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=75199&vpn=03G-P4-3663-KR&manufacture=eVGA&promoid=1067


I also might want to buy a new CPU (hopefully an Intel i7 (which one would you suggest?) but I am wondering if I'll also have to change my motherboard to do that.

Please suggest things that I should change to be able to game better and edit with AFTER EFFECTS better.
8 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about looking upgrade computer gaming editing
  1. You could get a bulldozer 8 core, and up the ram to 16gb. The gtx 670 OC is better,go with that.
    Yes,for a core i7 you'd need a new motherboard.
  2. allanitomwesh said:
    You could get a bulldozer 8 core, and up the ram to 16gb. The gtx 670 OC is better,go with that.
    Yes,for a core i7 you'd need a new motherboard.


    I will be getting this:

    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=76932&promoid=1285
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=75199&promoid=1067
    http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=58488

    worth it?
  3. Best answer
    Spend the extra on a gtx 670. Well worth it. Doesn't have to be OC.
  4. allanitomwesh said:
    Spend the extra on a gtx 670. Well worth it. Doesn't have to be OC.



    Bought it!
  5. There you have it. With the other parts you should be sorted. Happy photoshopping.
  6. allanitomwesh said:
    There you have it. With the other parts you should be sorted. Happy photoshopping.


    *Adobeaftereffecting
  7. Best answer selected by Alex Guenov.
  8. Aftereffecting. :)
Ask a new question

Read More

Homebuilt Gaming Computer Graphics Cards Systems