Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Built-in usb 3.0 in mobo not recognized

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2012 8:08:30 PM

I have an ASUS F1A75-M LE motherboard and the built-in usb 3.0 ports show with a yellow exclamation point in the device manager. I tried the usb ports by connecting the keyboard and mouse which worked on the usb 2.0 ports - no go. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I've downloaded the usb 3.0 booster driver from the ASUS website, to no avail.
December 17, 2012 10:14:56 PM

Are you using a 3rd gen Intel processor? If not, your CPU probably doesn't support USB 3.0
m
l

Best solution

a b Ĉ ASUS
December 17, 2012 11:05:12 PM

I think you need to install the chipset driver for the usb 3.0 port. I think that is different from the booster driver.
Your motherboard should have come with a cd that includes all the necessary drivers. You will know you have the proper one when the yellow flag disappears.
Related resources
December 18, 2012 4:04:49 AM

geofelt said:
I think you need to install the chipset driver for the usb 3.0 port. I think that is different from the booster driver.
Your motherboard should have come with a cd that includes all the necessary drivers. You will know you have the proper one when the yellow flag disappears.

Is there a way to get that chipset driver for the usb 3.0 online? I tried the asus website and it only has the usb 3.0 booster driver. I googled for chipset drivers and I found these:

Asus F1A75-M LE AMD Chipset Driver 5.12.0.13
MOTHERBOARD / AMD | 200 MB | Windows XP / Windows Vist...

Asus F1A75-M LE AMD Chipset Driver 8.860.0.0
GRAPHICS BOARD / AMD | 595 MB | Windows XP / Windows Vist...
m
l
December 18, 2012 4:33:27 AM

Well if you could I'd try the 2nd one. Seems like a much newer driver and should work better.
m
l
a b Ĉ ASUS
December 18, 2012 1:43:40 PM

I would imagine it was the one for the motherboard where the usb chips would reside. If you were using integrated graphics, then the second one.
I see no problem installing them both.
m
l
December 20, 2012 5:46:00 PM

Best answer selected by jaggedsoul.
m
l
December 21, 2012 4:45:49 PM

geofelt said:
I would imagine it was the one for the motherboard where the usb chips would reside. If you were using integrated graphics, then the second one.
I see no problem installing them both.

It did the trick! Thanks Geofelt.
m
l
February 10, 2013 5:14:56 PM

i have intel i5 3rd G processor and gigabyte b75 b3h motherboard with usb 3.0 but only usb 2.o works fine. i have installed all the drivers still usb 3.0 ports isn't not working... i have the same problem with cabinet ports
usb 2.0 working fine and 3.0 not working at all...plz HELP
m
l
February 10, 2013 8:43:50 PM

SHISHIR_01 said:
i have intel i5 3rd G processor and gigabyte b75 b3h motherboard with usb 3.0 but only usb 2.o works fine. i have installed all the drivers still usb 3.0 ports isn't not working... i have the same problem with cabinet ports
usb 2.0 working fine and 3.0 not working at all...plz HELP

Will USB 2 devices work in your cases USB 3 ports? I moved my HP motherboard over to a new case and could not get the cases USB 3.0 ports to work. After buying a 20 pin female to regular USB male adapter and gutting the old USB 20 pin to female adapter out of the HP case and connecting them together got my cases USB to work. My conclusion my HP motherboard may have had something wired different on the USB 3 20 pin motherboard female connector.
m
l
!