Built-in usb 3.0 in mobo not recognized

jaggedsoul

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012
I have an ASUS F1A75-M LE motherboard and the built-in usb 3.0 ports show with a yellow exclamation point in the device manager. I tried the usb ports by connecting the keyboard and mouse which worked on the usb 2.0 ports - no go. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64 bit. I've downloaded the usb 3.0 booster driver from the ASUS website, to no avail.

Solution
I think you need to install the chipset driver for the usb 3.0 port. I think that is different from the booster driver.
Your motherboard should have come with a cd that includes all the necessary drivers. You will know you have the proper one when the yellow flag disappears.
I think you need to install the chipset driver for the usb 3.0 port. I think that is different from the booster driver.
Your motherboard should have come with a cd that includes all the necessary drivers. You will know you have the proper one when the yellow flag disappears.

Solution

jaggedsoul

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Is there a way to get that chipset driver for the usb 3.0 online? I tried the asus website and it only has the usb 3.0 booster driver. I googled for chipset drivers and I found these:

Asus F1A75-M LE AMD Chipset Driver 5.12.0.13
MOTHERBOARD / AMD | 200 MB | Windows XP / Windows Vist...

Asus F1A75-M LE AMD Chipset Driver 8.860.0.0
GRAPHICS BOARD / AMD | 595 MB | Windows XP / Windows Vist...

jaggedsoul

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

It did the trick! Thanks Geofelt.

SHISHIR_01

Honorable
Feb 10, 2013
i have intel i5 3rd G processor and gigabyte b75 b3h motherboard with usb 3.0 but only usb 2.o works fine. i have installed all the drivers still usb 3.0 ports isn't not working... i have the same problem with cabinet ports
usb 2.0 working fine and 3.0 not working at all...plz HELP

BwwwJ1st

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2012

Will USB 2 devices work in your cases USB 3 ports? I moved my HP motherboard over to a new case and could not get the cases USB 3.0 ports to work. After buying a 20 pin female to regular USB male adapter and gutting the old USB 20 pin to female adapter out of the HP case and connecting them together got my cases USB to work. My conclusion my HP motherboard may have had something wired different on the USB 3 20 pin motherboard female connector.