Closed

Intel vs amd

Last response: in Systems
December 17, 2012 10:44:13 PM

It was suggested to me to post this here to further the discussion
not sure why because it is simple math. Have at it

Rosewill FBM-02 Dual Fans MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 34.99
Item #: N82E16811147167

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152244 49.99

ECS A55F-M4(1.0) FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply 31.99

Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 997005 39.99

AMD A6-3670K Unlocked Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU
(CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD ... 79.99

Total is 281.94 NO Reabates. What can i buy from intel that will beat it in gaming ? 720p medium to high setting

More about : intel amd

December 17, 2012 10:46:14 PM

You can't.
Intel can't compete with AMD's integrated graphics.
Only way to get better integrated performance is to use the A10 APU

EDIT: just realised your using an FM1 APU-you still wouldn't get better performance at a similar price point with intel.
December 18, 2012 12:19:48 AM

Somone thinks i am wrong

QUOTE from looniam

with that in mind please read this several times until you understand; your build is junk.

A) you picked a motherboard with an already EOL socket by a far from stellar manufacturer.
B) a PSU that isn't good for much but eventually roasting wienies when it blows.
C) a case that isn't worth the box it was shipped in; you would have been better off using the box for the build.
D) an APU that has a great igpu but mediocre cpu side and without a decent heatsink to compensate is destined to be nothing more than competitive to a netbook.
E) and average RAM that can only perform well when overclocked but that POS motherboard will limit.

and you spent $188 for that?!? you got ripped off. i see better systems on my local craig's list for $150.
Related resources
Anonymous
December 18, 2012 12:23:13 AM

tourist said:
It was suggested to me to post this here to further the discussion
not sure why because it is simple math. Have at it

Rosewill FBM-02 Dual Fans MicroATX Mini Tower Computer Case 34.99
Item #: N82E16811147167

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F4 HD322GJ/U 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Item #: N82E16822152244 49.99

ECS A55F-M4(1.0) FM1 AMD A55 (Hudson D2) HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Thermaltake TR2 W0070RUC 430W ATX12V V2.2 Intel Core i7 Compliant Dual 80mm Fans Full Cable Sleevings Power Supply 31.99

Mushkin Enhanced Radioactive 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 997005 39.99

AMD A6-3670K Unlocked Llano 2.7GHz Socket FM1 100W Quad-Core Desktop APU
(CPU + GPU) with DirectX 11 Graphic AMD Radeon HD ... 79.99

Total is 281.94 NO Reabates. What can i buy from intel that will beat it in gaming ? 720p medium to high setting

why this will:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.66 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint M8 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($50.60 @ NCIX US)
Case: Raidmax Reiter ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 350W ATX12V Power Supply ($23.17 @ NCIX US)
Base Total: $289.39
Mail-in Rebates: -$30.00
Total: $259.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-17 21:38 EST-0500)

thanks for playing . . . .

edit:
omg you paid TWO hundred and eighty one for that junk?!?!?

it worse than i thought! :pfff: 
December 18, 2012 2:28:37 AM

Anonymous said:
why this will:
PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G630 2.7GHz Dual-Core Processor ($63.66 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: G.Skill NS 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory ($21.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Samsung Spinpoint M8 250GB 2.5" 5400RPM Internal Hard Drive ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Video Card: MSI Radeon HD 6670 1GB Video Card ($50.60 @ NCIX US)
Case: Raidmax Reiter ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 350W ATX12V Power Supply ($23.17 @ NCIX US)
Base Total: $289.39
Mail-in Rebates: -$30.00
Total: $259.39
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-17 21:38 EST-0500)

thanks for playing . . . .

edit:
omg you paid TWO hundred and eighty one for that junk?!?!?

it worse than i thought! :pfff: 

Ok first of all explain why my power supply is a piece of juck that will blow when your power supply is an inferior model from the same manufacturer ? Unbelievable you missed that

You must be a kid in your moms basement to try a slip pc parts picker in there . The rules at toms has always been newegg only. No rebates !

However seeing how i am empathic to those such as your self that society likes to call mentally challenged i will let you play with your glass eye.

Using the inferior parts from your list 4 vs 8, cheap case, smaller hd i just cut another 50 dollars from my build and still mine does not use rebates.

Nice try but still Amd has it beat.

You lost when you added the video card and even if you came close I could just reply the apu can crossfire that 6670 to out perform the 630 + 6670 I
disproved your theory that an apu is inferior as a cpu compared to other amd 4 cores in gpu dependent games.

Thank you for playing............

December 18, 2012 2:36:53 AM

+1 for the intel build.
December 18, 2012 2:46:03 AM

I'd just get an A10 and an FM2 board tbh. It would equal a 6670, and you could always hybrid crossfire later
December 18, 2012 4:12:47 AM

The best build is the cpu and video card from the intel build. The intel cpu is more powerful than amd A's cpu and the separate video card would work better than the integrated cpu because it has it's own memory rather than sharing system memory with the cpu. The ram and hhd is better on the amd build. more storage and memory forr not much more money. I would replace the psu with a Cosair CX430(check the reviews) and get a NZXT source 210 Elite white case for $28 net from Newegg. THe NZXT has much better wire management than either of the two cases.
December 18, 2012 5:56:18 AM

+1 for intel

Best solution

December 18, 2012 6:01:03 AM

Are you going to be playing games such as BF3 in multiplayer? If so, the intel CPU won't be up to it, and you will need a quad core or an i3
December 18, 2012 6:09:51 AM

Have you already purchased those items?

If not, then go as Panzer suggested with the A10 and FM2 motherboard.

Have a look at this video about the A8-3850 vs Intel I3-2015.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxlQLzOCxEc

AMD wins hands down and Intel has nothing to compete with, not even an i7-3770k can compete with AMD's APUs in integrated grapjavascript: validform(this);hics.
Anonymous
December 18, 2012 9:53:51 AM

tourist said:
(snipped nonsense)

Nice try but still Amd has it beat.

You lost when you added the video card and even if you came close I could just reply the apu can crossfire that 6670 to out perform the 630 + 6670 I
disproved your theory that an apu is inferior as a cpu compared to other amd 4 cores in gpu dependent games.

Thank you for playing............

all i have to do is repost this:
Build It: Picking Parts For Your Kid's Entry-Level Gaming PC

and add:

bottom line is an intel with a discrete will BEAT a llano APU everytime in every game and notice that is a better one than you have.

toss in the crossfire theory; which causes microstutter btw, and the cost of that for a llano APU rig can be used to get a better gpu for an intel rig. ie the additional $50 for the 6670 would allow the intel to get a 7750 which would blow the 6670 crossfire out of the water @720 and actually play some games @ 1080.

even the folks that favor the AMD rig are saying to get a trinity . . . the llano socket is dead. the intel rig can get an i5 without worring about upgrading the PSU . . . (yet)

you ran your mouth for 3 days on a gaming review discussion thread about how an intel rig could not match price/performance with yours. and now that finally you grew a set and posted the build here; you wanna cry that there are stipulations/rules???

deal with it.
December 18, 2012 3:43:26 PM

Anonymous said:
all i have to do is repost this:
Build It: Picking Parts For Your Kid's Entry-Level Gaming PC
http://media.bestofmicro.com/R/Q/344438/original/0202_Gaming_Starcraft2.png

and add:

http://media.bestofmicro.com/R/P/344437/original/0201_Gaming_GTA.png

bottom line is an intel with a discrete will BEAT a llano APU everytime in every game and notice that is a better one than you have.

toss in the crossfire theory; which causes microstutter btw, and the cost of that for a llano APU rig can be used to get a better gpu for an intel rig. ie the additional $50 for the 6670 would allow the intel to get a 7750 which would blow the 6670 crossfire out of the water @720 and actually play some games @ 1080.

even the folks that favor the AMD rig are saying to get a trinity . . . the llano socket is dead. the intel rig can get an i5 without worring about upgrading the PSU . . . (yet)

you ran your mouth for 3 days on a gaming review discussion thread about how an intel rig could not match price/performance with yours. and now that finally you grew a set and posted the build here; you wanna cry that there are stipulations/rules???

deal with it.

No you deal with it! You have been proven wrong over and over yet you still try and spin it towards Intel+ discrete. Toms rules have always been newegg when doing sbm builds, but you never read anything you just post out of your rear end for post counts. Something that has been pointed out to you before by other members. Case in point your reliance on the kids gaming build thread benchmarks for sc2. It is obvious you did not read it because if you would have you would have realized that tom's used win 7 64 default drivers for all the tests not amd drivers. Really shows how smart you are !!!!!!!!

Step back away from the keyboard and comprehend what your reading

As others have said above without a discrete card intel does not have a f'in chance. I would be more than happy to post benchmarks of the gma 3000 or 4000 just to show you what crap it is.

Using pcparts picker just makes it worse when comparing prices for you as the amd build goes down even faster.

What next, craigs list

You tried , you failed Thanks for playing
December 18, 2012 3:49:22 PM

Best answer selected by tourist.
Anonymous
December 19, 2012 1:30:17 AM

tourist said:
No you deal with it! You have been proven wrong over and over yet you still try and spin it towards Intel+ discrete. Toms rules have always been newegg when doing sbm builds, but you never read anything you just post out of your rear end for post counts. Something that has been pointed out to you before by other members. Case in point your reliance on the kids gaming build thread benchmarks for sc2. It is obvious you did not read it because if you would have you would have realized that tom's used win 7 64 default drivers for all the tests not amd drivers. Really shows how smart you are !!!!!!!!

Step back away from the keyboard and comprehend what your reading

As others have said above without a discrete card intel does not have a f'in chance. I would be more than happy to post benchmarks of the gma 3000 or 4000 just to show you what crap it is.

Using pcparts picker just makes it worse when comparing prices for you as the amd build goes down even faster.

What next, craigs list

You tried , you failed Thanks for playing

ok, whatever . .
you said "What can i buy from intel that will beat it in gaming ?" (which promtly got thumbed down); nothing about using any guidelines until i used PcPartpicker.

can't win outright so you try changing the rules? so who is spinning? kettle meet pot . . . oh wait you're the only one spinning anything. i have said the igpu is phenomenal the whole time (who has the reading comprehension problem?) however in games that need any sort of a cpu; which is more than not: that Llano is a huge FAIL when compared to an intel.
have a bench:
http://www.anandtech.com/bench/Product/403?vs=406
Dragon Age Origins, Dawn of War II, World of Warcraft, Starcraft 2, Crysis Warhead, Far Cry 2, Left 4 Dead, and Fallout 3 are all intel wins and few by more than 15%

here lets take some other games with trinity APU, which is undeniably better than a Llano APU with an pentuim and discrete:
Battle At $140: Can An APU Beat An Intel CPU And Add-In Graphics?

Quote:
What conclusions can be drawn from this data, then? Clearly, the A8-3870K is a better platform for general productivity, particularly when you run threaded applications (or do a lot of multi-tasking) able to leverage four physical cores. The Pentium G620 and discrete Radeon card combine to form a superior gaming system. We used a $140 budget to create as fair of a comparison as possible, but enthusiasts with a little more money to spend on graphics can get even better performance by dedicating additional funds to that subsystem. Meanwhile, the A8-3870K is already AMD's fastest APU, so there's not much room to scale up.

so there you have it; at the same price point an intel build (that includes everything inside the case) will be better, not just as good, as your glorified HTPC Llano build. oh, wanna spin something else about the drivers again? - which was NOT mentioned in the kid's build as you claim? or saying that a bigger hard drive matters? that 8 gigs is better than 4 gigs when playing at lower settings?

the only thing you have proven is your ability to spew BS and your refusal to admit reality . . .

December 19, 2012 3:25:24 AM

Last time i am even going to respond, you keep saying you are done but yet back you are. I must really be under your skin LOL neo sporran helps

Without the 6670 graphics card your build is cheaper 63dollars for a g630 vs 79 dollars for the apu everything else is a wipe as the amd build can use everything the intel build does. how you cannot see this is beyond comprehension. In order to beat the amd build in any game you have to add a 50 dollar graphics card. hence you lose. I feel sorry that it bothers you so much but facts are facts

Have a good day

December 19, 2012 4:42:32 AM

I find your challenge to be a somewhat odd one. It is true that you can't build a better gaming computer at that price point using intel components from newegg, no question on that. However, for $25 more you could build a better gaming computer simply by choosing the cheapest intel cpu and motherboard available and pairing it with a barely decent gpu. Could you build a better gaming system at the exact same price point if newegg still carried some old core 2 parts? Sure! Could you build a better gaming system for the price if either the AMD or Intel parts happened to be on sale? Sure! But any of these sub-$300 systems would not be a very good investment. For an extra $100 you would have a phenomenally better gaming system, or you could go buy some used system for $300 and have 3 year old parts that blow the pants off one of those new builds.

Simply put, what is the point of finding the best gaming computer at $280 that isn't very good at playing games?
Anonymous
December 19, 2012 10:12:00 AM

tourist said:
Last time i am even going to respond, you keep saying you are done but yet back you are. I must really be under your skin LOL neo sporran helps

Without the 6670 graphics card your build is cheaper 63dollars for a g630 vs 79 dollars for the apu everything else is a wipe as the amd build can use everything the intel build does. how you cannot see this is beyond comprehension. In order to beat the amd build in any game you have to add a 50 dollar graphics card. hence you lose. I feel sorry that it bothers you so much but facts are facts

Have a good day

it doesn't matter if there is a graphics card or not; it still came in @ your budget which was your claim that there was no intel build that could.

your question was, "What can i buy from intel that will beat it in gaming ?"

not "What can i buy from newegg only without a graphics card from intel that will beat it in gaming?"

you opened your mouth, got proved wrong and cannot accept you were shown to be in error.
December 19, 2012 3:08:55 PM

Math must not be your strong point as your intel build is more expensive than the amd build. You trolled the farcry thread and got called out for saying apu's were only good for I Quote "that games? no angry birds doesn't count! "

Then you decided to backtrack and throw in this

" the truth be told; throw in a discrete graphics card, since you mentioned it, and even a celeron will spank that A6:" I never mentioned discrete, Only in your delusional mind.

After that it was a bunch of nonsense. about you trying to proclaim the apu is no good with a Descret. Again you were proven wrong !

Your only relevant post was "now as i suggested before, lets drop the off topic discussion unless someone cares to open a thread in the forums. yeah now THAT is a challenge . . .

New thread and this "with that in mind please read this several times until you understand; your build is junk.

A) you picked a motherboard with an already EOL socket by a far from stellar manufacturer.
B) a PSU that isn't good for much but eventually roasting wienies when it blows.
C) a case that isn't worth the box it was shipped in; you would have been better off using the box for the build.
D) an APU that has a great igpu but mediocre cpu side and without a decent heatsink to compensate is destined to be nothing more than competitive to a netbook.
E) and average RAM that can only perform well when overclocked but that POS motherboard will limit.

It is easy to see from here your just trolling, back and forth with benchmarks with discrete graphics cards to pair with the g630. Everyone pay attention to B) a PSU that isn't good for much but eventually roasting wienies when it blows. Never mind the fact this loser went out and picked a inferior power supply from the same manufacturer, the hilarious part is he got called out twice and you still turn a blind eye.

Read this three times.

without a discrete graphics card intel loses.
without a discrete graphics card intel loses
without a discrete graphics card intel loses.

Even a intel I 7 without a gpu loses to a apu and that is a fact.
Deal with It ! Have your mommy give you a fruit cup and go back to playing with the calculator, you need the practice.

December 19, 2012 3:42:09 PM

Without a discrete graphics card intel loses at gaming.

Without a discrete graphics card amd gaming is poor.

Without a discrete graphics card intel gaming is very poor.

Best solution: If you want to play games, get a discrete graphics card. A computer without one is not a gaming computer.
December 19, 2012 4:07:19 PM

lordravage said:
Without a discrete graphics card intel loses at gaming.

Without a discrete graphics card amd gaming is poor.

Without a discrete graphics card intel gaming sucks

Best solution: If you want to play games, get a discrete graphics card. A computer without one is not a good gaming computer.

Fixed if for you
!