bf2 refelctions

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt,.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

some things are fabulous, some are broken, I'm enjoying it and once
patched will no doubt love it.

broken

Sniper rifles, the magnification is too low, the accuracy is borked.

At kit sub gub is a bit too weak.

Iron sights across the board are just the littlest bit too inaccurate.
(maybe 2/10ths deviation too much).

Helicopters are too armoured. there needs to be more of a rock,papper,
scissors mentality with them. I mean when I hit a helo with a tank main
gun or AT missle (tow/sraw et.al.) I expect it to fall from the sky like
a broken bird....It doesn't even need to explode just crash an
passengers can bail but the bird must go down. Also considering a full
blackhawk with an engie crew is impossible to bring down even with the
AT kit.

Speaking of air defense...The AA missles are too slow and should do a
touch more damage. Also if you lock on to a nose on aircraft and fire
even with out flares the missles miss 100% of the time (yes I checked).

Grenade blast radius is abit small.

Jets are a tiny bit too fast.

The G3 unlockable rifle for the assault kit is broken, it is listed as
high accuracy and has worse accuracy then any assault rifle. considering
I am giving up a grenade launcher and ten rounds of mag capacity it
needs to be improved ( I would bet it is just a coding error).

point exploits, 2 support kits can sit next to each other and weail at
the sky till the guns go dry then resupply each other for massive points
and never engage in combat.

The bunny hop is too much, reduce the verticle leap or set it to work
only when near an obstacle. A pack weighing in at 70 or more pounds sort
of renders any leap improbable. I recall All I could do was hit
something with my chest and sort of use momentum to scramble over it.

Why if I even brush past a pedestrian does he scream and fall down dead?
vehicle to troop damage is too high. whilst vehicle to object damage is
too low. Trees still need to be deformable by blast or armoured vehicle
impact. there are strategies there....

reloading is too quick and unlimbering a weapon too slow.

Last one, SOUND/sight. I mean vehicle engines and gunfire are too hard
to hear from even only a few meters away. muzzle flashes are too dim,
more tracer fire please. And the hit indicator flash is to dim.

Wonderful

The TOW is brilliant. ( I hit a jet with one once ).

Being able to hit people in the helo, even the pilot from the right
angle or through the glass with the big boy rifle is excellent.

the ability to throw a bag of ammo/health as well as hang on to one.

Squads are brilliant. Spawning on the leader is great.

jet bomb sight, the pickle, is marvelous.

small bomb loads is just right.

turret crouch, Finally!

do all kits do something for vehicles like support/engie/medic do? they
should. but still excellent.

Terrain is very pretty. the models are good. small touches like peace
symbols on kits etc.

environmental audio is great -during a quiet moment laying in the grass
I heard insects in my ears.

particle effects on exploisons is top drawer.

vehicle pyhsics are good.

the parachute is excellent.

I no doubt left things out....

Mr. Nemo (try the ECGN servers)

Mr. Nemo wrote:

> some things are fabulous, some are broken, I'm enjoying it and once
> patched will no doubt love it.
>
> broken
>
> Sniper rifles, the magnification is too low, the accuracy is borked.

I am eager to test the Barrett 0.5 caliber upgrade. That should up the
power a bit.

> Helicopters are too armoured. there needs to be more of a rock,papper,
> scissors mentality with them. I mean when I hit a helo with a tank main
> gun or AT missle (tow/sraw et.al.) I expect it to fall from the sky like
> a broken bird....It doesn't even need to explode just crash an
> passengers can bail but the bird must go down. Also considering a full
> blackhawk with an engie crew is impossible to bring down even with the
> AT kit.

I have shot down helis with the tank main gun, in one shot. Can't
remember which type though.

> Speaking of air defense...The AA missles are too slow and should do a
> touch more damage. Also if you lock on to a nose on aircraft and fire
> even with out flares the missles miss 100% of the time (yes I checked).

roger. The missiles should be so good, that it forces pilots to perfect
their low (and dangerous) high-speed approaches.

> Grenade blast radius is abit small.
>
> Jets are a tiny bit too fast.

Looks great swirling in the big blue sky though.

> Why if I even brush past a pedestrian does he scream and fall down dead?
> vehicle to troop damage is too high. whilst vehicle to object damage is
> too low. Trees still need to be deformable by blast or armoured vehicle
> impact. there are strategies there....

I love being a tanker/engineer. Man, I have killed many team-mates, by
accident, by moving the tank the tiniest amount. Perhaps a bit of
damage, and some bouncing off would be better, as long as the speed is low.

> Last one, SOUND/sight. I mean vehicle engines and gunfire are too hard
> to hear from even only a few meters away. muzzle flashes are too dim,
> more tracer fire please. And the hit indicator flash is to dim.

I don't quite agree. Try using a headset, the sound is much clearer. I
like the disqueting rumble as you can hear a tank approaching.

> Squads are brilliant. Spawning on the leader is great.

Yep, great for sustained assaults (as long as the leader tries to stay
alive).

regards,

Achtung Ecco

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

A mini mod at
http://www.planetbattlefield.com/battlefieldsingleplayer/bf2_minimods.asp

Corrects this and other issues.

On Fri, 01 Jul 2005 09:41:56 +0200, Rasmus Dyhr Frederiksen
<nospam@nospam.no> wrote:

>Mr. Nemo wrote:
>
>> some things are fabulous, some are broken, I'm enjoying it and once
>> patched will no doubt love it.
>>
>> broken
>>
>> Sniper rifles, the magnification is too low, the accuracy is borked.
>
>I am eager to test the Barrett 0.5 caliber upgrade. That should up the
>power a bit.
>
>> Helicopters are too armoured. there needs to be more of a rock,papper,
>> scissors mentality with them. I mean when I hit a helo with a tank main
>> gun or AT missle (tow/sraw et.al.) I expect it to fall from the sky like
>> a broken bird....It doesn't even need to explode just crash an
>> passengers can bail but the bird must go down. Also considering a full
>> blackhawk with an engie crew is impossible to bring down even with the
>> AT kit.
>
>I have shot down helis with the tank main gun, in one shot. Can't
>remember which type though.
>
>> Speaking of air defense...The AA missles are too slow and should do a
>> touch more damage. Also if you lock on to a nose on aircraft and fire
>> even with out flares the missles miss 100% of the time (yes I checked).
>
>roger. The missiles should be so good, that it forces pilots to perfect
>their low (and dangerous) high-speed approaches.
>
>> Grenade blast radius is abit small.
>>
>> Jets are a tiny bit too fast.
>
>Looks great swirling in the big blue sky though.
>
>> Why if I even brush past a pedestrian does he scream and fall down dead?
>> vehicle to troop damage is too high. whilst vehicle to object damage is
>> too low. Trees still need to be deformable by blast or armoured vehicle
>> impact. there are strategies there....
>
>I love being a tanker/engineer. Man, I have killed many team-mates, by
>accident, by moving the tank the tiniest amount. Perhaps a bit of
>damage, and some bouncing off would be better, as long as the speed is low.
>
>> Last one, SOUND/sight. I mean vehicle engines and gunfire are too hard
>> to hear from even only a few meters away. muzzle flashes are too dim,
>> more tracer fire please. And the hit indicator flash is to dim.
>
>I don't quite agree. Try using a headset, the sound is much clearer. I
>like the disqueting rumble as you can hear a tank approaching.
>
>> Squads are brilliant. Spawning on the leader is great.
>
>Yep, great for sustained assaults (as long as the leader tries to stay
>alive).
>
>regards,
>
>Achtung Ecco

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942,alt.games.ea.battlefield (More info?)

>> Last one, SOUND/sight. I mean vehicle engines and gunfire are too hard
>> to hear from even only a few meters away. muzzle flashes are too dim,
>> more tracer fire please. And the hit indicator flash is to dim.
>

> I don't quite agree. Try using a headset, the sound is much clearer. I
> like the disqueting rumble as you can hear a tank approaching.
>

> Achtung Ecco

I do use the head set, high end ones actually but the gun blasts and
heli engines are still a bit too low at range, tanks are good I guess.
but the muzzle flash needs a big boost.

Many textures are bad looking.
Have a look at the train rails - they are painted on the terrain.
Communication system is real annoying.
Old artillary system was much better. Better having a player to use the
arti. Artillary don't shoot at more then 45 degree (Only mortars do)

Tal Fuchs wrote:
> Many textures are bad looking.
> Have a look at the train rails - they are painted on the terrain.
> Communication system is real annoying.
> Old artillary system was much better. Better having a player to use the
> arti. Artillary don't shoot at more then 45 degree (Only mortars do)

Well with everything on high and 4x AA I find it looks marvelous. I
would suspect the real culprit is a low end computer.... try a summer
job or a part time job on top of your regular job, it won't take long
even at todays prices to afford a high end system.

> [...]
>>
>>Wonderful
>>
>>The TOW is brilliant. ( I hit a jet with one once ).
>>
>>Being able to hit people in the helo, even the pilot from the right angle
>>or through the glass with the big boy rifle is excellent.
>>
>>the ability to throw a bag of ammo/health as well as hang on to one.
>>
>>Squads are brilliant. Spawning on the leader is great.
>>
>>jet bomb sight, the pickle, is marvelous.
>>
>>small bomb loads is just right.
>>
>>turret crouch, Finally!
>>
>>do all kits do something for vehicles like support/engie/medic do? they
>>should. but still excellent.
>>
>>Terrain is very pretty. the models are good. small touches like peace
>>symbols on kits etc.
>>
>>environmental audio is great -during a quiet moment laying in the grass I
>>heard insects in my ears.
>>
>>particle effects on exploisons is top drawer.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

> Tal Fuchs wrote:
>> Many textures are bad looking.
>> Have a look at the train rails - they are painted on the terrain.

You better take another look at those train rails. And check your eyesight.

Nonymous wrote:
>>Tal Fuchs wrote:
>>
>>>Many textures are bad looking.
>>>Have a look at the train rails - they are painted on the terrain.
>

> You better take another look at those train rails. And check your eyesight.

what does one thing like that have to do with it? they may be part of
the terrain texture instead of a seperate texture but they look fine. I
have excellent graphics, everything on high, 4x aa -it all looks good. I
really doubt the problem is the game since I have it and have seen for
myself it's general graphical goodness. NO if you have artifacts or
muddy textures it is simply because your hardware blows....or of course
you have no clue how to get the most from it. Go to www.Guru3d.com and
learn a few things and get the latest drivers. Both the 77.72 and 80.40
look fine in BF2. see you on the field private.

Nonymous

Distinguished
May 27, 2004

> Nonymous wrote:

>> You better take another look at those train rails. And check your
>> eyesight.
>>

> what does one thing like that have to do with it? they may be part of the
> terrain texture instead of a seperate texture but they look fine.

That's what I was trying to say... they look fine. They're *not* just
painted on the terrain; they're actual rails.