No Video

rugman1969

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2008
OK. I need help. I turn on my computer and I have nothing on the monitor. The monitor works, as I have plugged it into another computer and its fine. I have a video card...has dvi and vga inputs. I do not get video anymore. Worked fine one day, *** the next. So my first thought is monitor. Monitor works. So vid card. Tried dvi and vga...nothing. Swapped card to another slot...nothing. Bought another card...nothing. I need help. Computer powers up (all the lights inside and out come on), but there is no beep. Usually get at least one beep on power up. Still, no video. Can anyone offer some guidance? Thanks

rdc85

Honorable
one beep means the rigs is o.k.
more than one or no beep means there a problems, if u still had the manual book u can read about it there.....

since had rule out gpu... it could be the psu or mobo....

Check the cable connection and try reset cmos by unplug all device (speaker, monitor, cpu, etc) from the power source. remove the CMOS battery for 5 min and reinstall it... see if it helps..

if it not, try remove the memory let it just one, also if the mobo had internal vga, us it to (unplug the grafic card) and try to turn on, see if there any reaction...

if still no reaction, try swap the psu (borrow from friend/etc)...

rdc85

Honorable

Sound like loose connection, but to make sure it just the cables. Try using sensor apps (hw monitor / speed fan / etc..) and check the PSU voltage of each rail.....