Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Windows 7 dual boot issues

Last response: in Windows 7
February 28, 2012 5:35:04 PM

Okay, So I did a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate I was really just uping it to the 64bit beause I accidentally installed the 32 bit.

So after doing all of this Windows 7 is working fine blah blah blah.... however upon boot up where normally I would have the option to choose which OS I wanted to start up, it just goes straight to windows instead of giving me an option.... I had the latest version of Ubuntu, and I know that when I installed widows I put it on the right partition of my C: drive.

Do I need to know reinstall Ubuntu as well or is there some kind of setting I have to change to get it to show me the OS selecting screen.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Ryan

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2012 6:53:49 PM

Have you tried editing the boot order in msconfig? You may also edit the bootloader with EasyBCD, the free version is here at the bottom of the page, you must provide your name and email address.
a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2012 7:08:43 PM

+1 to treefrog

i usually install windows 7 first then install ubuntu

doing it the other way round usually leads to what you have now

when installing ubuntu its sees windows 7 is already installed and sorts the bootloader for you
Related resources
February 28, 2012 8:32:36 PM

Thank you so much treefrog07, that program worked like a charm got ubuntu up right now :) 

Ryan
February 28, 2012 8:32:55 PM

Best answer selected by ryanht2.
a c 373 $ Windows 7
February 28, 2012 9:00:17 PM

This topic has been closed by Area51reopened
!