acegoku

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012
I'm customizing my own PC and i wont to know if it's strong enough:
Case: Cooler Master HAF 912 Mid-Tower Gaming
Case w/ Adjustable HDD Cage (Black Color)
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: Power Supply Gasket, and Anti-Vibration Fan Mounts
CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3770K 3.50 GHz 8MB Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 (All Venom OC Certified)
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: Extreme OC (Extreme Overclock 20% or more)
Cooling Fan: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Dual Standard 120MM Fans (Push-Pull))
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: [CrossFireX] GIGABYTE Z77-DS3H Intel Z77 Chipset DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ IRST, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, 2x Gen3 PCIe x16, 2 PCIe x1 & 2 PCI (Pro OC Certified)
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z77: None
Memory: 8GB (4GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 7870 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by AMD)
Power Supply Upgrade: 700 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
Hard Drive: 1TB SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 32MB Cache 7200RPM HDD (Single Drive)
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO

I will play high demanding games like shogun 2 and call of duty. I will play online a lot. This is $1188 and i will not go higher then $1200 except if you recommend with a better motherboard or cooling fan. 192 fps on mw2 ultra. I want to know if i should change the motherboard and if i could play the latest game on high and should i pick windows 8 or windows 7?

Hazle

Distinguished
is this a prebuilt? if so, you don't happen to know the brand of the PSU, don't you?

also; drop down to an i5-3570K. little to no benefit going with an i7 for gaming, when you can spend and gain more from a better GPU, say the 7950 or 660ti.

motherboard's fine, but if there's a z77 from a quality brand for a cheaper price go for it. if you're only looking for a single GPU setup, an mATX board is an option if it's cheaper.

if you can find out whether or not the PSU is from a quality brand/model (Seasonic, Antec, Corsair, XFX), consider grabbing 550w if it is, for a single GPU setup. 700w only if you plan to run the card in dual crossfire/sli

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

+1 to hazle plus ditch the watercooling just get a coolermaster 212 evo (i can comfortably run my 2500k @4.5ghz with one) your gpu (2 even) will run out of steam way before a 3570k will. build it yourself personally i would do a better cable management job than any prebuilt system and its better to be able to say i did it myself and its a useful skill to learn if you havent done it before. spend the saved money from the watercooling and cpu step down to get a better gpu and maybe a samsung 830 120gb ssd boot drive.

acegoku

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

This is not prebuilt its customized. and does nvidia make a better gpu than amd? also if my power supply is much higher than needed will it affect my pc?

jasont78

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009

if its not prebuilt whatever, what you mean by customised, a optioned prebuilt computer and whats all this venom overclock garbage, intel doesnt use any of this market b.s so whos is it. as for psu dont go crazy get the size you need or it will be really inefficient also stick with a brand as mentioned, gpu they are both good i used to use nvidia but have stuck with amd for the last 3 or 4 generations for a couple of reasons, to keep amd in business cos their cpu's suck and intel needs the competition and i have never had an amd gpu die but i have seen plenty of dead nvidias, i would give nvidia better driver support though.

Hazle

Distinguished
AMD = slightly higher but inconsistent frame rate at higher texture settings and resolution.
Nvidia = slightly lower but consistent frame rate at higher texture settings and resolution.

http://techreport.com/review/23981/radeon-hd-7950-vs-geforce-gtx-660-ti-revisited

either way pick your poison. one way or another, you will have to compromise from time to time depending on the game and settings. and i have to say, it's not all that bad.

as for higher wattage, about the only thing it affects is the electricity bills in the long run. a few dollars a month can be a life saver. if that's not an issue for whatever reason, you wanna get a PSU from a quality brand as mentioned earlier. this is of the utmost priority personally, less you want to risk having a $1000 fried block of unusable silicon. example of quality;

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817151095

plenty for your build if not too much.

acegoku

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

oh and is cyberpower reliable? because i have my list of components and my friend told me to go on their website. so i made my pc on the website and this is what i got.

acegoku

Honorable
Dec 18, 2012

is this good? http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

Hazle

Distinguished

it's tier 3 from this list;
www.eggxpert.com/forums/thread/323050.aspx

good enough to get the job done. i wouldn't use it if you're the kind of guy who turns on his PC for days and weeks, or are going for a dual SLI/CF setup. otherwise, it'll do.