Your question

Buying my pc tomorrow any tips?

Tags:
  • New Build
  • Systems
  • Product
Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2012 6:18:17 AM

So I'm buying a computer tomorrow from pccaseger in Australia and I was hoping I could get some last minute suggestions.
It will be used for prodomently gaming and movie watching and will have a projector monitor and tv hooked up to it.
1700 is roughly what it costs at the moment and that pretty much my budget. Any help would be appreciated :) 
CPU: intel i5 3570k
Motherboard: as us p8z77 v-pro
Ram: Kingston hyper x predator 2x4gb
Ssd: sandisk extreme 120gb
Hdd: WD black 1tb
Graphics card: asus radeon hd7950 direct cu I I top 3gb
Optical drive: lg bluray
Psu: thermal take 500w tr2 bronze
Case: sharkoon t28

More about : buying tomorrow tips

December 18, 2012 6:59:01 AM

Tmac48 said:
So I'm buying a computer tomorrow from pccaseger in Australia and I was hoping I could get some last minute suggestions.
It will be used for prodomently gaming and movie watching and will have a projector monitor and tv hooked up to it.
1700 is roughly what it costs at the moment and that pretty much my budget. Any help would be appreciated :) 
CPU: intel i5 3570k
Motherboard: as us p8z77 v-pro
Ram: Kingston hyper x predator 2x4gb
Ssd: sandisk extreme 120gb
Hdd: WD black 1tb
Graphics card: asus radeon hd7950 direct cu I I top 3gb
Optical drive: lg bluray
Psu: thermal take 500w tr2 bronze
Case: sharkoon t28

Swap the RAM for Apple Sauce

Swap the SSD for Butter

Swap the HDD for Eggs

Swap the GPU for Bacon

Swap the MOB for Toast

Swap the PSU for Orange Juice

With the profit made in saving you 150 bucks on downscaling that mobo to something reasonable, think about a better breakfast and or something else you perhaps wanted ie new headphones/keyboard/mouse. Just as an example the Ass Kicker 2000 Satisfied those interested in mechanical keyboards with an 89 percent 5 start rating making it the best keyboard on the market, smashing its competition @ razer by some 40 percent, and Corsair by some 30 percent. Food for the brain, GL on you're new build.
m
l
December 18, 2012 7:05:55 AM

Praxeology said:
Swap the RAM for Apple Sauce

Swap the SSD for Butter

Swap the HDD for Eggs

Swap the GPU for Bacon

Swap the MOB for Toast

Swap the PSU for Orange Juice

With the profit made in saving you 150 bucks on downscaling that mobo to something reasonable, think about a better breakfast and or something else you perhaps wanted ie new headphones/keyboard/mouse. Just as an example the Ass Kicker 2000 Satisfied those interested in mechanical keyboards with an 89 percent 5 start rating making it the best keyboard on the market, smashing its competition @ razer by some 40 percent, and Corsair by some 30 percent. Food for the brain, GL on you're new build.

Lol, thanks for the laugh, couldn't help myself :) 
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 7:12:56 AM

:pt1cable: 
PANZER4 said:
Lol, thanks for the laugh, couldn't help myself :) 

m
l
December 18, 2012 8:17:45 AM

envy14tpe said:
Something really obvious is missing. You can't go without one if you want to overclock, which I know you will. (3570k and p8z77 v-pro )
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...

Thanks man but the. CPU already comes with one my bad I should said but thanks anyways :) 
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:36:19 AM

Prax's build is much better. Follow his advice :) 
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:36:27 AM

Tastier too
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:46:00 AM

Yeah it's pretty good not sure how it would go playing battle field though haha
m
l
December 18, 2012 9:05:19 AM

Tmac48 said:
Yeah it's pretty good not sure how it would go playing battle field though haha

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/radeon-hd-7950-over... 57 fps average @ 1920x1080 4xaa Apparently. And that's stock. I went with the parts he chose but just improved them. The original was an asus 7950, so thus I look for the msi 7950 which there was none, so gigabyte then. Was also cheaper :D 
m
l
December 18, 2012 12:41:12 PM

Tmac48 said:
Thanks man but the. CPU already comes with one my bad I should said but thanks anyways :) 

Yes the 3570k comes with a stock fan, but nobody uses this for overclocking. The stock fan is good for a non "K" CPU.
m
l
!