Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Double Checking Build

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2012 6:27:05 AM

Hey guys, so I've decided on a final build and plan to order parts tonight, but I was really hoping for a last opinion type of thing. It's kind of frustrating at this point, when I ask 1 person their opinion on build, and they have something really bi est to say about something. One "computer expert" says Radeon is amazing, cheaper for just as good power ifnot better as Geforce. Another expert says Radeon is trash and you can get a "40% more powerful card for the same price with nvidia". Just one example..

My build: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/t2MR

My original thread if you need more info: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/375693-31-building-ga...

I just would love a non-bi est opinion on the build. I know there are ups/downs of getting piece A vs piece B, but I have no clue what those ups/downs are, a little explanation would be soo great, especially for future reference I plan to make my own, so any insight is great.. thanks a lot in advance for time/effort.

More about : double checking build

Best solution

December 18, 2012 8:03:12 AM

So we meet again...
If you're in doubt, check toms' articles on best gpu for money... Radeon is recommended over nvidia.
What for you need 700w psu? That's just too much, unless you plan to put second GPU later?
December 18, 2012 8:12:53 AM

butremor said:
So we meet again...
If you're in doubt, check toms' articles on best gpu for money... Radeon is recommended over nvidia.
What for you need 700w psu? That's just too much, unless you plan to put second GPU later?

Yeah, well I wanted to be safe with a 600w, and all the 600w I was looking at were only 5-10$ cheaper than the 700w, and I may add more GPU in the future. Having too much power on it wont harm anything right?

Also thanks, I already decided I'm sticking with the radeon you suggested earlier. And I'm ordering the parts atm!
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 8:22:10 AM

Okay then. Good luck with new build!
m
l
December 18, 2012 8:35:59 AM

Best answer selected by TofuShift.
m
l
!