Question of Video Card Upgrade from GTX 260 to 660

vladicorp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
Hello, I have a question regarding a video card upgrade. My exist computer configuration is: MSI Eclipse Motherboard i7 920 CPU, Corsair 550W Power Supply and now I am using a GTX 260 video card. Everything is working fine. I bought a GTX 660 video card and with the new card the computer and everything started to work very slowly very. What might be the reason ? Do I need a more powerful power supply ?

the 260 probably pulls more power than the 660 so I don't think that's the problem. you have the 6pin power connected to the card ?

you didn't bump anything putting the card in ? check all wires and cables. make sure they are secure on the motherboard and on the stuff they plug into. make sure memory is seated correctly.. ( pull out and put back in ).

you can try resetting the CMOS.......... either by jumper or by pulling and replacing battery. that will set computer back to "stock" configuration.

Gucik

Honorable
Mar 20, 2013
I have the same problem, whole system going to be incredibly slow and I cańt see any solution how to get rid of it... Does anyone have a good idea? I tried almost everything, from changing drivers to reset bios and nothing:-( It seems that this card has a very good unstoppable emulator of 486 pc type:)

vladicorp

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2012
My Problem got fixed after I did upgrade of the bios of the motherboard to the latest version. After that everything works perfectly.