SM Bus Controller

I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".

Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
the proper drivers?

I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
has drivers for
USB 2.0
MS,SD & SCR
Audio
Network
Serial ATA

Would any of these be the right choice?

Thanks for any information.
Susan
8 answers Last reply
More about controller

    You need to go to either the website of the motherboard manufacturer or the
    website of the PC manufacturer and download and install the chipset drivers.
    www.coribright.com

    "Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
    > Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".
    >
    > Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
    > reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
    > the proper drivers?
    >
    > I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
    > has drivers for
    > USB 2.0
    > MS,SD & SCR
    > Audio
    > Network
    > Serial ATA
    >
    > Would any of these be the right choice?
    >
    > Thanks for any information.
    > Susan

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Thanks, I noticed Bruce Sanderson MS-MVP in the Microsoft
    MS-MVP directory under Printing, Imaging & Hardware.
    Where are you listed?

    Susan

  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Incidentally, I used the CD and cleared up that problem.

  4. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Same place, along with the 14 others in Printing/Imaging and Hardware. I
    just don't have a profile yet.
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;mvpaward&style=TOC#Windows -

    > Thanks, I noticed Bruce Sanderson MS-MVP in the Microsoft
    > MS-MVP directory under Printing, Imaging & Hardware.
    > Where are you listed?
    >
    > Susan

  5. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Thanks, I would love to read your profile when you create
    it.

    Susan - AOL user

  6. :pfff: Tried to vote but it tells me I have already voted YET :non: I don't see any votes on any of the posts on this subject listed above
    Maybe it is due to age of this post ( :bounce: maybe an would like to know) anyways both answere's were great and reminded me of something I forgotten an needed this week.. So THANKS :sweat:

    Formerly PC-Rock (computer shop)
    Forced to retire do to health reason :pt1cable:
  7. Susan said:

    I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
    Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".

    Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
    reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
    the proper drivers?

    I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
    has drivers for
    USB 2.0
    MS,SD & SCR
    Audio
    Network
    Serial ATA

    Would any of these be the right choice?

    Thanks for any information.
    Susan

    I have the same problem Susan, I installed the chipset drivers first, then Windows XP Home, and transferred my files and photos. I do NOT, understandably, want to do this again, so I have to ask, will I lose anything if I install the chipset drivers again, after XP? I also have the Nvidia disc...same question.
    Thanks for your help.
    ~kwduke

Drivers Bus Controller Windows XP