SM Bus Controller

September 17, 2004 11:46:57 AM

I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".

Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
the proper drivers?

I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
has drivers for
USB 2.0
MS,SD & SCR
Audio
Network
Serial ATA

Would any of these be the right choice?

Thanks for any information.
Susan

More about : bus controller

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 17, 2004 3:08:54 PM

You need to go to either the website of the motherboard manufacturer or the
website of the PC manufacturer and download and install the chipset drivers.
www.coribright.com

"Susan" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
> Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".
>
> Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
> reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
> the proper drivers?
>
> I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
> has drivers for
> USB 2.0
> MS,SD & SCR
> Audio
> Network
> Serial ATA
>
> Would any of these be the right choice?
>
> Thanks for any information.
> Susan

September 18, 2004 2:28:59 AM

Thanks, I noticed Bruce Sanderson MS-MVP in the Microsoft
MS-MVP directory under Printing, Imaging & Hardware.
Where are you listed?

Susan

Related resources
September 19, 2004 7:34:07 AM

Incidentally, I used the CD and cleared up that problem.

Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 19, 2004 1:54:57 PM

Same place, along with the 14 others in Printing/Imaging and Hardware. I
just don't have a profile yet.
http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;en-us;mvpaward&style=TOC#Windows -

> Thanks, I noticed Bruce Sanderson MS-MVP in the Microsoft
> MS-MVP directory under Printing, Imaging & Hardware.
> Where are you listed?
>
> Susan

September 19, 2004 7:05:42 PM

Thanks, I would love to read your profile when you create
it.

Susan - AOL user

March 24, 2011 10:02:32 PM

:pfff:  Tried to vote but it tells me I have already voted YET :non:  I don't see any votes on any of the posts on this subject listed above
Maybe it is due to age of this post ( :bounce:  maybe an would like to know) anyways both answere's were great and reminded me of something I forgotten an needed this week.. So THANKS :sweat:

Formerly PC-Rock (computer shop)
Forced to retire do to health reason :pt1cable:
December 8, 2011 1:35:24 PM

Susan said:

I have yellow marks under the Device Manager for SM Bus
Controller. "This device is not configured correctly".

Does this mean that I need to uninstall drivers and
reinstall the proper drivers? And if so where do I find
the proper drivers?

I have a cd that has the drivers for nVIDIAnfORCE2 which
has drivers for
USB 2.0
MS,SD & SCR
Audio
Network
Serial ATA

Would any of these be the right choice?

Thanks for any information.
Susan

I have the same problem Susan, I installed the chipset drivers first, then Windows XP Home, and transferred my files and photos. I do NOT, understandably, want to do this again, so I have to ask, will I lose anything if I install the chipset drivers again, after XP? I also have the Nvidia disc...same question.
Thanks for your help.
~kwduke
!