I would like to setup a system. My requirements are:
1. Case - must be able to host at least SIX 3.5" hard disks, One Blu-Ray Drive and One or Two SSD (other than HDD). Cheap. I don't care about looks or bit of noise.
2. Motherboard - minimum 4 memory slots, slots for PCI-X RAID card and TV-Tuner, HDMI out, 5.1 or 7.1 sound, Gigabit Ethernet
3. Processor - Any cheap processor that's sufficient for running windows, office, and browsers, YouTube, HD 1080p videos without jitter. Don't mind if the GPU is integrated.
4. Memory - ?
5. Power Supply - ?
6. RAID - High Point, Intel, 3Ware. If you know any other cheap PCI-X RAID controller that can support upto 8 SATA HDDs
7. Media Management Software and Remote (long distance wireless keyboards are also welcome)
8. Hard Disks, SSD - ?
Thank you BigTroll for introducing me to pcpartpicker. please see if the below configuration suffice my requirements. Your build seemed bit expensive for me right now ;-) For example, I'm planning to increase storage later.
well, i got you want you required. a ssd, a blu-ray drive, and a proper storage system. if you are using this for work, a apu wouldnt be a good choice since they are designed for budget gaming builds, not budget work builds
I want to cut prices wherever I can. My only real concern is the system's ability to output Full HD over HDMI and Internal Storage Expansion (Why I Like Fractal Design R3/R4). So if there is a cheap APU that can do Full HD, I'm OK with it. I'm not worried about power consumption. I will not do Photoshop or Premiere or Gaming; ACDSee, perhaps. The only Game I play is Luxor's Amun Rising :-) I'm OK to increase memory if that can help media playback performance. My current 720p movies are around average 6GB in size.
Which Media Player Software Do you recommend and Remote? Do you recommend a wireless keyboard/trackpad over remote?
I already have RAID Controller with me. I'm planning to increase the storage by next year Q1 if the prices decreases. Then I would RAID5 8 hard disks and keep the OS on SSD (already have) I need storage to store my movies and throw away physical disks once and for all. It's taking too much space.
all boards have hdmi.
if you are not to do much on this pc, why the need of a raid controller?