Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
RAM - Corsair Memory XMS3 8GB (2x4GB) DDR3 1600
SSD - Corsair Force Series GT 120GB
HDD - Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB SATA 6Gb/s
PSU - Corsair Enthusiast TX V2 650 watt PSU
Graphics - EVGA GTX 660TI SC
ODD - Lite-On Blu-Ray Reader
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 64-bit SP1.

heres my questions; 1, what is the best order to connect my sata connectors to the mother board. there seems to be conflicting opinions in the manual and online sites. do i use grey sata or blac sata. what should go where.
2. im getn a A2 error. and again conflicting opinions ie, the graphics card is not seated properly, or there is no keyboard connected.
3. this question matbe should have been first. on bootup i get a message saying...reboot and select proper boot device.
thanks everyone.
4 answers Last reply
More about need definitive
  1. Go watch the Newegg build videos, specifically 2 and 3, and all your questions will be resolved. I'll even provide a link! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_56kyib-Ls
  2. ok, just finished watching. i still didnt get the answers i was lookn for. the video did not specify what sata ports to use and in what order and the other issues i was asking about(as above).
  3. Order doesn't matter for SATA cables, you probably want your SSD in a 6gb port. To install windows you need to change your boot device to the optical drive in the BIOS, so it boots off the windows CD so you can install. I don't know where you are getting an A2 error, if you made it all the way to the select proper boot device then it should be working fine.
  4. ill go through all the connections again to make sure they are seated properly.
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Systems