Is this only me or something wrong with my 560 ti

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Hello forum :hello:
So my problem is, Whenever i try to increase voltage of my MSI Hawk 560 ti in Afterburner V 2.2.4,
The values i can set is only 0 (Default), +6, +12, +18, +25 and so on.
The main issue is i can't set it to value in between those numbers, if i try,it,the slider automatically gets to these Numbers(0,6,12,18...) :fou: (Demonstrated in the video below)....Is that normal ? or something fishy with the card, if yes what is the problem then...... the card is still in warranty, so please help me with this :heink:

YouTube Video of the Problem-> :whistle: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsPxLZoAyKY

Thank for reading :D
Apology for my English

G

Its a afterburner problem. I had it once before with one of the older versions. Try downloading the latest beta because the beta versions work better from my experience.

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Same problem mate, when i click apply, it get back to the nearest number that is 0,6,12,18,25.... :pfff:

I'm not sure there's a need to fine-tune down to single-digit level anyway. If your card starts crashing or corrupting the screen at say +25 you'd want to back of the voltage to +18 or lower anyway.

Perhaps that's what they thought when they made the program that way. It makes sense to me to simply jump in increments.

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Whatever be the reason though, i just want to make sure that am i the only one facing this ......... :sweat:

hiteshlastm

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012

Can you Suggest me any other software allowing us to set exact value ...just asking ?

Limerick

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

You could try manually doing it on the BIOS. Other than afterburner there is no easier way than that. If somebody knows something better could you post it for him?

AFAIK it was some kind of restriction that nvidia put on the card. you can only increase or decrease the voltage in fixed increment. in case of GTX460 the increment is +/- 0.13. for example if default value is 0.975v and you try to increase it to 0.976 it will automatically revert back to 0.975v.

TRENDING THREADS