Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Is this only me or something wrong with my 560 ti

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
October 30, 2012 4:36:38 PM

Hello forum :hello: 
So my problem is, Whenever i try to increase voltage of my MSI Hawk 560 ti in Afterburner V 2.2.4,
The values i can set is only 0 (Default), +6, +12, +18, +25 and so on.
The main issue is i can't set it to value in between those numbers, if i try,it,the slider automatically gets to these Numbers(0,6,12,18...) :fou:  (Demonstrated in the video below)....Is that normal ? or something fishy with the card, if yes what is the problem then...... the card is still in warranty, so please help me with this :heink: 

YouTube Video of the Problem-> :whistle:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsPxLZoAyKY

Thank for reading :D 
Apology for my English

More about : wrong 560

October 30, 2012 4:57:49 PM

Click on the boxes to the right, enter whatever number you want, press enter.
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 4:59:02 PM

Its a afterburner problem. I had it once before with one of the older versions. Try downloading the latest beta because the beta versions work better from my experience.
m
0
l
Related resources
October 30, 2012 5:03:57 PM

figgyfosta said:
Click on the boxes to the right, enter whatever number you want, press enter.


Same problem mate, when i click apply, it get back to the nearest number that is 0,6,12,18,25.... :pfff: 
m
0
l
a c 159 U Graphics card
October 30, 2012 5:04:15 PM

I'm not sure there's a need to fine-tune down to single-digit level anyway. If your card starts crashing or corrupting the screen at say +25 you'd want to back of the voltage to +18 or lower anyway.

Perhaps that's what they thought when they made the program that way. It makes sense to me to simply jump in increments.
m
0
l
October 30, 2012 5:11:56 PM

photonboy said:
I'm not sure there's a need to fine-tune down to single-digit level anyway. If your card starts crashing or corrupting the screen at say +25 you'd want to back of the voltage to +18 or lower anyway.

Perhaps that's what they thought when they made the program that way. It makes sense to me to simply jump in increments.


Whatever be the reason though, i just want to make sure that am i the only one facing this ......... :sweat: 
m
0
l
October 31, 2012 12:35:23 AM

The afterburner has a problem not allowing people to set exact values. And like photonbunny said if your card starts crashing at 25 than you'd want to put it down to 18.
m
0
l
October 31, 2012 5:30:01 AM

Limerick said:
The afterburner has a problem not allowing people to set exact values. And like photonbunny said if your card starts crashing at 25 than you'd want to put it down to 18.


Can you Suggest me any other software allowing us to set exact value ...just asking ?
m
0
l
October 31, 2012 12:37:07 PM

hiteshlastm said:
Can you Suggest me any other software allowing us to set exact value ...just asking ?

You could try manually doing it on the BIOS. Other than afterburner there is no easier way than that. If somebody knows something better could you post it for him?
m
0
l
a c 145 U Graphics card
October 31, 2012 1:12:35 PM

AFAIK it was some kind of restriction that nvidia put on the card. you can only increase or decrease the voltage in fixed increment. in case of GTX460 the increment is +/- 0.13. for example if default value is 0.975v and you try to increase it to 0.976 it will automatically revert back to 0.975v.
m
0
l
November 1, 2012 7:50:59 AM

Limerick said:
You could try manually doing it on the BIOS.



:o  BIOS but how ?
m
0
l
!