jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
Hello Guys,

I have a modem and a wireless router at home. I also have a usb HP Multifunction printer.

Recently my modem went bad so I was having internet problems. Now I need to buy a new modem. Since I also have a printer, I wanted to connect it in a way that the laptops and a desktop at home can use it.

So basically I need an ADSL2+ modem and a print server. I could not find a device with Modem+Wireless Router+PrintServer. Thus I guess I need to buy 2 devices.

I found just a modem, now I found a print server DLINK-DPR 1020 print server. Now the box shows - Router <- Print server <- Printer. The router is connected to a pc thru a wire. The print server is connecter to printer thr usb and router thru rj45 lan wire.

I wanted to know that will my laptops which is connected to the wireless router be able to print or I will need a system which is connected to the router thru wire and then only printing can be done.

Thanks,
Jack

jackgreat

Distinguished
Jun 26, 2006
The router is a Buffalo Wireless Router. It's a normal wireless router. The print server is Dlink DPR-1020 print server. I just want to confirm that this print server when connected to the router will enable laptops which connect via wifi to print.