GTX 560 Keeps "Silent" Crashing and Blue Artifacts

Tags:
  • Nvidia
  • Gtx
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 30, 2012 5:12:13 PM

Hello Everyone!

I have a rather major issue which is causing me all sorts of problems. About a month ago my screen would go blank for about half a second with no driver crash report and will keep on playing the game with no frame drops or anything. In fact the game would continue during these blackouts. Now I figured that it was a slight driver issue and as long as it only occurs once or twice in a sitting that would be alright.

Now it's crashing constantly, in fact it's crashed 3 times while writing this. I have done a completely clean installation, driversweeper and all. It's still a problem and it's getting worse. After the first crash, blue artifacts will appear, sometimes a single pixel or sometimes an entire line of pixels, this seems to be my warning because right after they appear the screen blacks out again. This was a problem that started out while gaming but even simple web browsing has become a pain.

Any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated.

More about : gtx 560 silent crashing blue artifacts

October 30, 2012 5:13:01 PM

Also, by silent crashing I mean there is no warning telling my my device has crashed...
Score

Best solution

October 30, 2012 6:38:19 PM

Artifacts is usually a sign that the card is dying. I honestly would've returned it as soon as it kept on having black outs consistently. See if you can RMA it and get a new one.
October 30, 2012 6:45:07 PM

I figured that was the case. :( 

I've already contacted Galaxy yesterday, just waiting for a response...
Score
October 30, 2012 6:49:16 PM

Also the consistent blackouts started about three days ago.
Score
October 30, 2012 6:49:21 PM

Best answer selected by Computerrock1.
Score
!