Sign in with
Your question

200-350$ High End Gaming Build (Philippines)

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2012 5:09:34 PM

Approximate Purchase Date: 2013

Budget Range: 200-350 Dollars , Might add extra 50 if its really that good.

System Usage from Most to Least Important: High End Gaming (3-D and such ) , Watching high res. films, surfing the net, school works,

Are you buying a monitor: I might buy a 24 inch. Monitor with 1920x1080 next year. Currently using 1280x800

Parts to Upgrade: The Whole CPU, but i might reuse some parts that i can still use for the future. but i badly need a new whole build.

Do you need to buy OS: I might , but i need an opinion which should i use , either win xp or win 7

Preferred Website(s) for Parts: pcx.com.ph , or any site you prefer ( etc newegg etc etc. )

Parts Preferences: AMD, Graphic Card(Powercolor , Sapphire , Asus or any brand that can give good quality performance at a very low price)

Overclocking: Maybe , When needed

SLI or Crossfire: Maybe , i really dont know what is this , I not that knowledgeable about this things.

Your Monitor Resolution: 1280x800 and I want to switch to a high res. pref res - 1920x1024

Additional Comments:

I need a low budget pc for high end gaming which only cost around 200-350$.

Games:
Dota2
Blade and Soul
Ragnarok2
Skyrim
Mostly Latest games which requires a good system , (3d games / etc )
etc etc.

I do not know if I will go with xp or win 7 for gaming. but i prefer having a xp because most of the games works on it. And I already have a win 7 for my laptop.

PS: If i cannot afford some parts so I might use my current pc parts when its time to upgrade ( sound card etc etc)

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading:

A Very old PC for gaming , I cant play dota2 with high resolution and any other latest games.

Thanks in advance

December 18, 2012 5:19:21 PM

Your budget for a full gaming PC, is 250-300? You won't be doing any high-end gaming with that.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 5:46:56 PM

chugot9218 said:
Your budget for a full gaming PC, is 250-300? You won't be doing any high-end gaming with that.

He said he's in the Philippines so the currency is probably different there. Because if he's talking about US dollars yeah I agree you can't even get a low end gaming PC for that price. He said he wants a 24" monitor meaning all his budget would go for that lol. For instance I paid 450$ for my 24" monitor but it's an high end model of course. For a high-end gaming PC we're probably talking at least 1500$ or more in the US.

By the way chaelfosho, go with Windows 7. I never heard of any game not working on 7 so I don't know why you worry about that. Windows XP is very old and will not be supported by Microsoft anymore by 2014 which is coming sooner than we think.
m
l
Related resources
December 18, 2012 5:49:54 PM

Yes, I considered that, however considering the Philippine Peso is currently worth 2/100 of a dollar, I suspect it is US currency, unless he thought you could get high end gaming on a raspberri pi lol.
m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 5:53:57 PM

chugot9218 said:
Yes, I considered that, however considering the Philippine Peso is currently worth 2/100 of a dollar, I suspect it is US currency, unless he thought you could get high end gaming on a raspberri pi lol.

Yeah I just checked that too. In that case chaelfosho you can't say "high end gaming pc" and 350$ budget in the same sentence. That budget will struggle to get you a low end gaming PC, I don't even know how you'll be able to include a 24" monitor in the build, 350$ will only get you a basic tower (no mouse, no keyboard, no monitor, maybe no video card depending which CPU or mobo you get).
m
l
December 18, 2012 6:24:29 PM

i will use separate money for the monitor .

sorry about the high end gaming

I think i only need a CPU.

I just need to run the latest games with medium-high spec with decent fps.

I just need a CPU that would cost 200-400$ and can run Dota2 or any latest games at moderate fps around 60fps with med-high settings.

m
l
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 6:25:36 PM

$350 might get you an AMD APU-based system which would be able to play games on your current 1280x800 monitor (likely on Medium settings). When you upgrade your monitor, you would also need to buy a more powerful graphics card, probably a HD7770 or GTX650Ti. The only trouble with that solution is that the CPU component of the AMD APUs aren't particularly strong. If you realistically expect to be able to increase your budget to at least $600, the better choice is to wait until you can afford something like an i3 + GTX650Ti.

Edit: What graphics card do you have now?

m
l
December 18, 2012 6:29:36 PM

MC_K7 said:
Because if he's talking about US dollars yeah I agree you can't even get a low end gaming PC for that price.

Challenge accepted!

This won't run everything at max settings, you won't find anything in that price range that stands a chance of that. It will, however, run everything you want at a playable framerate, and most of them on medium settings (a few even on high!)

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant / Benchmarks

CPU: Intel Pentium G860 3.0GHz Dual-Core Processor ($67.53 @ NCIX US)
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H61M-DS2 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard ($39.99 @ Newegg)
Memory: Crucial Ballistix sport 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1600 Memory ($16.99 @ Newegg)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda 250GB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($49.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon HD 6850 1GB Video Card ($139.99 @ NCIX US)
Case: Raidmax Reiter ATX Mid Tower Case ($19.99 @ Newegg)
Power Supply: Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply ($30.95 @ NCIX US)
Total: $365.43
(Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available.)
(Generated by PCPartPicker 2012-12-18 15:25 EST-0500)

It runs slightly over your $350 budget, but you said you could toss in another $50. You have to find your own OS, as there isn't any room in the budget for Windows 7. There also is no optical drive included, but it squeaks under $400 by enough that you could fit one in if you need it.

I also didn't stick with your preferred vendor, because I don't think you have a chance of actually getting what you want where you are, sorry.
m
l
December 18, 2012 6:35:25 PM
a b 4 Gaming
December 18, 2012 7:45:40 PM

lordravage said:
Challenge accepted!

...and failed. He's in the Philippines, so no Newegg and NCIX.

samuelohagan has a much better attempt, except for the graphics card.
The selected card is about as powerful as a HD7750, which is ok for his resolution, except that it's from eBay so it may be flaky or dead, and it's a Diamond, so it will be flaky, or have other problems.
The jump from a G630 to a G860 could be significant, so it really makes the most sense to wait until the budget can be increased. What you can afford now will be disappointing all too soon.
m
l
December 20, 2012 4:10:41 PM

i already had chosen some parts beforehand , like graphics card,hdd and the casing :) 
i can use newegg and ncix , because my father is working abroad.

I already planned having a 6850 or 7750/7770 as a graphics card

thanks for all the answers keep them coming ,

now all the remaining part is not my problem

and like what i said , it can exceed as far as 400 dollars or 450 at maximum :) 

and I need to know if i should get a 2tb hard drive sata or 1tb memory sata 3.0 , i dunno what to get for gaming ;o it only cost 50 dollars here in the ph = 2tb
m
l
December 21, 2012 6:11:57 AM

Instead of getting a 24" monitor add that money to your budget and get a better build..you can upgrade the monitor later..350$ budget is really low for gaming at 1920*1080 resolution.
m
l
December 21, 2012 6:17:21 PM

i already bough the monitor ,

now , i only neep the cpu :<
m
l
December 21, 2012 7:15:59 PM

chaelfosho said:
i already had chosen some parts beforehand , like graphics card,hdd and the casing :) 
i can use newegg and ncix , because my father is working abroad.

and like what i said , it can exceed as far as 400 dollars or 450 at maximum :) 

i already bough the monitor , now , i only neep the cpu :<

So you have 400 - 450 dollars to spend, and all you need to buy is the CPU? So do you already have a motherboard? Because it's important to know what socket yours is so we can pick a CPU that will fit it?

Or do you mean that you need to buy a CPU and a motherboard? You had mentioned earlier about wanting to buy a hard drive, is that in a different budget?

You need to be clear about exactly what you need to buy, and exactly what the budget for those parts is.

If all you need is a CPU, I would recommend an i5-3570, although you have the budget to get an i7 if you wanted to do a lot of video editing (if not I would save the money). This is assuming you have the right motherboard, otherwise you need to shell out for something like an Asrock z77 extreme 4 which will cost $120, still leaving you room to get the i5.
m
l
January 10, 2013 2:06:41 AM

Hey, bud! I'm from the Islands as well and I just finished building my own gaming rig. I asked around here at Tom's just like you are doing now, and a kind dude directed me to this parts retailer http://dynaquestpc.com. DynaQuest offers parts at substantially lower prices than PCExpress. Cross reference prices from PCExpress' website with DynaQuest's, so you can see what I mean.
m
l
January 14, 2013 7:06:23 AM

dynaquestpc, pcnetmiles check them out at tipidpc.com for your exact prices and ask for a discount they do give discounts ^_^
m
l
!