Sign in with
Your question

GRAPHICS CARD DILLEMA - Page 2

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
October 31, 2012 4:35:56 PM

Well i think ive made my over all descicion. Obviously your far more experienced in this field than i am, and by all the feedback given, everything seems to be just fine. I think im going to go with your setup, it certainly all seems to make sense to me, and a hell of alot better planned than me. i will probably start up with windows 8, and you said to save it to my ssd?

And on an off-note? so i dont need a soundcard to improve the quality of the sound? it may not be neccasary i assume but, does it make a considerable difference that makes it worth purchasing.?

And would any case really do? or would the one you picked out be more suitable.?
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 4:55:40 PM

Yep. Basically what you do is you plug in your SSD but not your HDD. After you've installed windows and done updates and installed drivers, then install your HDD and use it for data storage and game installation. (Put games that have a lot of loading screens, like half life or MMOs, on the SSD.)

You do not in fact need a sound card. The only time I'd recommend it is if you were hooking up to a VERY nice stereo system - and then you'd need a top of the line, $300 one. For computer speakers, there's no difference, because they can't handle audio that nice anyways.

Uhm, any case works fine, provided that it has good airflow. If you're unsure on it, look at some of tom's reviews. (Also, it having front USB 3.0 headers is a plus.)
m
l
Related resources
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 5:18:32 PM

That's a great set of speakers, and I happen to love Logitech subwoofers, but...

Motherboard manufacturers have come a LONG way in the past couple years. Even 5 years ago, I would have considered a sound card a necessity. Now? Unless you're going for crazy sound, the motherboard's on-board audio sounds just fine. (Doubly so if you're not using HD audio formats... a sound card can't make something sound better than it was recorded.)

It depends on how many fans you have. Most fan controllers won't work worth jack - I use a fan controller that I butchered, but only to have one place to connect fans to.

The motherboard I linked to you has, I believe, 4 fan ports aside from the CPU fan.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 5:35:48 PM

I would stay away from creative sound cards they tend to have a lot of issues I would get something different if you get a sound card. A asus xonar or essence or h/t omega cards. And sound cards have an advantage typically but not as much now a days they have a higher range of sound and volume and help out with producing a richer sound.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

high end

The reason I suggested the motherboard that I had suggested was because if you have little intention of overclocking you wouldn't see much of a difference and because all z77 boards are pretty much 8x/8x cf/sli and it was SLi/CF certified. However having a higher end motherboard is a nice thing to have as they are built better.

In terms of windows 8 if you like the interface and the things that windows 8 brings go for it. There are a few articles lingering around on tomshardware showing at the present moment there is little to no difference gaming wise in performance. But that is a personal choice.
http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/windows-8-gaming-pe...

And the ram choice I made was a low profile vengeance kit so you wouldn't have to worry about your cooler size getting in the way of your ram dimm's. More of a convenience thing and less of a headache.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 5:47:03 PM

^Does he have an intention of overclocking? I hadn't thought about that. If he doesn't, then he shouldn't pay the premium for z77 and a K processor.

(And I believe that we were talking about your need for more than 16GB of ram, but yeah, low profile ram is usually the way to go.)

Oh, and Kevin? I'm with bigshootr, go with something other than creative - they have horrible driver support.
m
l
October 31, 2012 6:20:11 PM

Alright ill dicth the Fan controller lol And as for overclocking, i dont think ill be doing much of so, what can i discard from the list?

And ill look into a different soundcard, if not discard it comepletely.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 6:36:42 PM

If you get a higher end motherboard, you won't need a sound card. They have good sound cards built into them.

That being said, get the i5-3570 without the 'k' at the end. Keep the Hyper 212+, because better cooling will make it last longer.

Get a motherboard that uses the h77 chip-set instead of the z77.

If you're getting a sound card, get an AsRock H77 Pro4

If you want good built-in sound, get the Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 6:44:18 PM

kevinwants2know said:
Alright ill dicth the Fan controller lol And as for overclocking, i dont think ill be doing much of so, what can i discard from the list?

And ill look into a different soundcard, if not discard it comepletely.

buying a sound card is a waste of money, the fan is not. Overclocking is also great, you will want it if you want to run gw2 smoothly.
m
l
October 31, 2012 6:47:13 PM

Wow.. This is a whole lot to sink in. Umm, well if its not too much trouble "Dark", taking in consideration everything ive learned about in the last day and a half, do you think you can make another set up, or just a typed list of exactly what i would need to purchase. Dicth the sound card, and go with a "reasonable" higher end boaard thats compatible with the CPU you mentioned. If its not too much to ask.. it doesnt have to be now, whenever. And i suppose a board that can overclock, not a whole lot, but enough to keep my games running smoothly at all times. Although im not sure how to initiate "overclock" im sure its a useful tool.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 6:55:29 PM

Of course I can. :) 
I'll do it in an hour an a half or so, I'm about to go to class.

No such thing as as a board that can overclock not a whole lot. Either it can or it can't. I'll explain it later.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 7:02:01 PM

esrever said:
buying a sound card is a waste of money, the fan is not. Overclocking is also great, you will want it if you want to run gw2 smoothly.

And I'm in total agreeance with Dark on this. And ESR This opinion truly depends on what a persons use is for sound. For example I have a expensive headset a astro a40 I wouldn't want to use cheap onboard sound with it. So it truly depends on what this man is trying to accomplish. I needed something with dolby digital and most onboard sound cards do not supply this. If you care about sound and are a audiophile I'll present 2 scenarios for you. Either you get a cheap z77 board like the one I showed you and pair it with a sound card or you can get something like this which has better then standard realtek/ac 97audio. Let me repeat it not a waste depending on what you intend to do. You will get richer sound by having a dedicated sound card over the normal onboard even with the onboard audio picking up ground.

Overclocking is something you don't really need with mmo's typically don't need much to run them they are built for the masses not for the few. By getting a i5 3570 or equivalent he wouldn't need to overclock to enjoy a mmo especially with the video cards he's plugging into his machine period.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/guild-wars-2-perfor...

my current configuration.

Intel Core i5 2500k
Asrock Z68 EXTREME4 Gen 3
Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 2GB OC
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 8GB (2x4)
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Titanium Fatality Professional
Samsung 830 256GB SATA III SSD
Seagate Barracuda 500 GB SATA II
LG 12x Super Multi Blue WH12LS38
CM Storm Sniper
Corsair AX850 PSU
Corsair Hydro H100
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 7:33:10 PM

bigshootr8 said:
And I'm in total agreeance with Dark on this. And ESR This opinion truly depends on what a persons use is for sound. For example I have a expensive headset a astro a40 I wouldn't want to use cheap onboard sound with it. So it truly depends on what this man is trying to accomplish. I needed something with dolby digital and most onboard sound cards do not supply this. If you care about sound and are a audiophile I'll present 2 scenarios for you. Either you get a cheap z77 board like the one I showed you and pair it with a sound card or you can get something like this which has better then standard realtek/ac 97audio. Let me repeat it not a waste depending on what you intend to do. You will get richer sound by having a dedicated sound card over the normal onboard even with the onboard audio picking up ground.

Overclocking is something you don't really need with mmo's typically don't need much to run them they are built for the masses not for the few. By getting a i5 3570 or equivalent he wouldn't need to overclock to enjoy a mmo especially with the video cards he's plugging into his machine period.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/guild-wars-2-perfor...

The i5 at stock will have a hard time getting more than 20 fps in the game in WvW or lions arch. Toms tested it during the beta with nearly no other players.

In regards to the sound card thing. 99.999% of people won't notice the difference unless they are doing side by side comparisons and in that case I think its a waste of money. Most sound cards just tone the frequency response to put emphasis on certain sounds more than they would just play the sound straight up which is what most people detect when they hear a high end sound system. The worth of such a card is entirely subjective, unless someone listened to the onboard and isn't satisfied with it, I don't see the need for a sound card.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 7:41:12 PM

Quote:
The i5 at stock will have a hard time getting more than 20 fps in the game in WvW or lions arch. Toms tested it during the beta with nearly no other players.

Do you know if he played WvW or Lions arch?
he just says this
"Guild Wars 2, Star Craft, MMO's and Strategy"

And people are always on the fence I can tell the difference between my onboard and my soundcard some can some can't its up to you.

I'm interested to see what dark will cook up :) 
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 7:52:29 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Quote:

Do you know if he played WvW or Lions arch?
he just says this
"Guild Wars 2, Star Craft, MMO's and Strategy"

And people are always on the fence I can tell the difference between my onboard and my soundcard some can some can't its up to you.

I'm interested to see what dark will cook up :) 

lions arch is the main city in gw2 and WvW is one of the main multiplayer.

In SC2 the 2500k at stock gets about 30fps when you are playing at max setting in a late game 4v4.

In WoW, FPS can drop to the teens on any cpu in a large raid.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 7:56:57 PM

I don't know where on earth you are getting your frames from on starcraft 2 in a 4 v 4 map on my single gtx 670 with adaptive vysnc turned on I get 60 frames even when there are a full map of units.
This is with Extreme settings turned on.

And WoW the least draw on resources. People get 200+ frames in that game with high end cards. My CPU my 2500k destroyed WoW when I played.

I'd start linking benchmarks if you are trying to establish any kind of credibility.
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:10:53 PM

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551205861

Quote:
WoW is an extraordinarily processor-intensive game and even the beefiest CPUs out there can struggle in densely-populated cities or in raids when there's tons of stuff going on. That said, even older dual core systems should be able to largely meet the requirements you stated. I would still recommend a modern processor if at all possible.

Aiming for 60 FPS may prove to be a futile goal, though. Raids, large battlegrounds and populated areas can heavily tax hardware and are too unpredictable to reliably benchmark. The 30-50 FPS range - while not optimal - is considerably more realistic.

If you don't play these games a lot you won't be able to say how the performance is.

look at them minimal fps

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/GTX-...
Quote:
Even the most powerfull cpu out.. the 3960X ..at 5ghz. .cant run a proper WvWvW battle with 70+ people at 60fps. The games engine isnt optimized enough.

the best results iv seen is 45fps. And thats with a cpu like my own ..3930k with OC anywhere from 4.6ghz to 4.8ghz. A 2500k 2700k and 3570k OC’d to around the same could get the same amount of FPS. But a 920 at 3.6ghz ..not a chance.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:13:47 PM

Bigshooter, there's one thing sticking out here that you proly don't know because you don't play the game.

Guild wars 2 is very, VERY badly coded. I have a rig that can max out every game at 60+ FPS (WoW and other mmos I get more than 100, with triple buffering turned on), EXCEPT for GW2.

It needs a stupid amount of power to run well. (*That being said, a low end computer can run it on low or medium at 30 fps and a lot of people are happy with that.)

As for the build...
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:23:24 PM

kevinwants2know said:
Wow.. This is a whole lot to sink in. Umm, well if its not too much trouble "Dark", taking in consideration everything ive learned about in the last day and a half, do you think you can make another set up, or just a typed list of exactly what i would need to purchase. Dicth the sound card, and go with a "reasonable" higher end boaard thats compatible with the CPU you mentioned. If its not too much to ask.. it doesnt have to be now, whenever. And i suppose a board that can overclock, not a whole lot, but enough to keep my games running smoothly at all times. Although im not sure how to initiate "overclock" im sure its a useful tool.

Okay. This is a build that you will be able to easily overclock from 3.4GHz to 4.4 - enough to get you a noticeable difference in games that require a beefy CPU, without harming performance at all. I'll get you a good motherboard that has decent onboard sound - if you want better, it's easy to buy a sound card and pop it in after you decide.

Now keep something in mind. With two 7970's and three monitors... you'll be able to max out today's games, but not tomorrow's - you'll have to play with lowered settings.

I highly, highly recommend getting a single 27 inch monitor and a single 7970 - it'll give you considerably better frame rates.

If you want the best, it's there. If you don't, then get one 7970, and we'll find you a good monitor.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m49x

(Going back to a single, larger monitor, and one video card, would save you $750 or so. And it would last longer.)
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:25:06 PM

esrever said:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6551205861

Quote:
WoW is an extraordinarily processor-intensive game and even the beefiest CPUs out there can struggle in densely-populated cities or in raids when there's tons of stuff going on. That said, even older dual core systems should be able to largely meet the requirements you stated. I would still recommend a modern processor if at all possible.

Aiming for 60 FPS may prove to be a futile goal, though. Raids, large battlegrounds and populated areas can heavily tax hardware and are too unpredictable to reliably benchmark. The 30-50 FPS range - while not optimal - is considerably more realistic.

If you don't play these games a lot you won't be able to say how the performance is.

http://media.bestofmicro.com/R/X/260205/original/SC2%20CPU%20Speed.png look at them minimal fps

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/tech/GTX-...
Quote:
Even the most powerfull cpu out.. the 3960X ..at 5ghz. .cant run a proper WvWvW battle with 70+ people at 60fps. The games engine isnt optimized enough.

the best results iv seen is 45fps. And thats with a cpu like my own ..3930k with OC anywhere from 4.6ghz to 4.8ghz. A 2500k 2700k and 3570k OC’d to around the same could get the same amount of FPS. But a 920 at 3.6ghz ..not a chance.

take a look at the gpu 5870 hes thinking of 2x 7950/ or 2x 7970's

and dark I didn't know that sounds similar to the performance issues that still plague swtor
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:27:46 PM

dark there are no differences in your build from earlier in that link did you miss link?
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:27:53 PM

bigshootr8 said:
take a look at the gpu 5870 hes thinking of 2x 7950/ or 2x 7970's

and dark I didn't know that sounds similar to the performance issues that still plauge swtor

you do know its cpu limited right? that is the whole point of this arguement. Please stop arguing if you don't know what you are talking about.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:28:39 PM

Very similar yeah. I figured you hadn't played the game - if you had, you'd have questioned why it ran so slowly.

And I'm confused, who is looking at the 5870?

The reason I'm telling the OP to get so much power is because he wants to run eyefinity. That takes a lot of oomph.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:31:33 PM

dark look at the benchmark for starcraft 2 he linked he linked a outdated benchmark for starcraft II with a 5870. Which is nearly 3 generations old now.

and dark I thought you were going to put a higher end board in there?
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:32:15 PM

bigshootr8 said:
dark there are no differences in your build from earlier in that link did you miss link?

Minor changes. The mobo I went with the UD3H - same sound card, less over-the-top features.

I recommend that ram pretty universally - even if you don't OC it, it's 1600MHz with Cas 7, at a decent price point.

Cut back on the storage - 500GB and a 128GB SSD should be plenty.

I didn't much worry about the video cards, because I want to see the OP's choice first. He could go with a lower power 7970 in crossfire, or an upper end 7950, or he could cut back to one monitor and go with a single 7970.

The case is just a placeholder for whatever he likes, the power supply is one of the best out there.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:34:23 PM

here is a starcraft 2 benchmark with 1 card before the 2nd one

m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:35:46 PM

Though if he wants a superior sound chip, the only cheap, full sized one out there is the Gigabyte G1. Sniper 3. But it's still $280
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:36:37 PM

Oh I agree with the power supply i love my ax850 :)  and that makes sense with the board. If he wants sound he can turn around and get a good sound card as he sees fit when he wants. I'd suggest a samsung 830 but the vertex 4 is a strong option as well.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:39:04 PM

^That's exactly what I was thinking. Most people are going to be perfectly happy with onboard sound, so if the only reason to pay the premium is for a better sound chip, just buy a card if you decide you need it.

I personally like the vertex 4, but all those top 3 perform close enough to each other that you can't tell the difference. :p 
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:39:18 PM

@dark

if you are going with an SSD, I think it would be better to use a larger 5400rpm drive than a smaller 7200rpm one.

I still think the $50 price increase for the 7970 GE isn't worth it
this is just as good with a little DIY.

otherwise everything looks good.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:46:35 PM

Just pointing out that your benchmark was quite dated. And isn't quite as accurate as your pointing out it to be. Why would a 2 year old blizzard game with a 7970 in crossfire slow up is BEYOND me.

And I think dark is leaving him room to make some choices hes laying down ground work. He basically said hey you can get the 7970 GE or maybe even high end 7950's.

And dark I totally forgot about the sniper they do definitely come at a premium. But also they come with a creative sound card solution :na: 
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:54:15 PM

esrever said:
if you are going with an SSD, I think it would be better to use a larger 5400rpm drive than a smaller 7200rpm one.

I still think the $50 price increase for the 7970 GE isn't worth it; this is just as good with a little DIY.
Why go with a slower drive? And it's up to the user, but I'd rather have a faster drive, unless I have a LOT of data and a large SSD.

It is as good with some overclocking, but keep in mind? The OP doesn't know what overclocking is. We can teach him/her how to work on a CPU fairly easily, but a GPU has a lot less cooling headroom.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 8:56:06 PM

bigshootr8 said:
And I think dark is leaving him room to make some choices hes laying down ground work. He basically said hey you can get the 7970 GE or maybe even high end 7950's.

And dark I totally forgot about the sniper they do definitely come at a premium. But also they come with a creative sound card solution :na: 

They do? ... they do. *facepalm*

And that's exactly what I'm doing. The OP needs someone who's been doing this long enough to know what parts to go with, but I prefer the option of giving choices of good parts, and explaining the pros and cons of each, rather than giving a build and saying "do this."
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:03:20 PM

DarkSable said:
Why go with a slower drive? And it's up to the user, but I'd rather have a faster drive, unless I have a LOT of data and a large SSD.

It is as good with some overclocking, but keep in mind? The OP doesn't know what overclocking is. We can teach him/her how to work on a CPU fairly easily, but a GPU has a lot less cooling headroom.

well if the drive is only used for data, its rather pointless to have a fast drive 5200rpm 1tb drives are the same price as that 500gb drive. 128gb is enough for windows and all the commonly used programs. I am using a 1tb drive now and Im more than half filled after a year of use the more hdd space the better in my opinion.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/m4pz
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:05:54 PM

just something to take into consideration with these builds. is the profile of the ram with how large the evo is he may want to use low profile ram like the vengeance series to not run into this problem of fitting both items.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:09:49 PM

Shootr, that is actually a good point. I usually replace the fans on my heatsinks, but I hadn't thought about that.

esrever, that's fine if he's only going to be storing data on it, but everyone uses their computer differently. I got the impression that this was just a gaming rig. (And no a 128 SSD is not even close to enough, especially not if you're keeping it somewhat clear for performance. A single MMO, which we know he plays at least one of, can take from 12 to 26 GB easily.)
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:10:48 PM

bigshootr8 said:
Just pointing out that your benchmark was quite dated. And isn't quite as accurate as your pointing out it to be. Why would a 2 year old blizzard game with a 7970 in crossfire slow up is BEYOND me.

because the cpu is bottlenecked for that game...

you can put 4 7970s at 1500mhz in there and it still won't go faster than the 5870. The gpu requirements of starcraft is extremely low, the 5870 should do 120fps on ultra if there weren't so many units which is what the stresses the CPU.

this is with a 480 with is slightly faster than the 5870 but its clear the game is already bottlenecked by cpu.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:11:27 PM

wow takes up about 20-30 gigs and windows 7 takes up about 23 or so gigs
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:12:00 PM

and that sir is a 2400 try again. And either way he could take his 3570k with a evo and set boost to 4.2ghz and he would be just fine and with low temps.
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:13:44 PM

sorry wrong chart
this is the right one:
m
l
a c 92 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:16:31 PM

bigshootr8 said:
and that sir is a 2400 try again. And either way he could take his 3570k with a evo and set boost to 4.2ghz and he would be just fine and with low temps.

Im just going to conclude you are retarded. Good day.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:16:44 PM

But see even there if he got to around 30 frames minimum that's a stable frame rate where he wouldn't notice a slow down in performance. Blizzard games aren't build for enthusiast machines.
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:18:04 PM

No real need for name calling man. put that somewhere else not in a thread to help someone thanks.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:23:01 PM

Sigh. Drama.

What are the two of you even fighting about, anyways?

As for the OP: Did I answer your questions, Kelvin?
m
l
a c 134 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 9:29:20 PM

I'm not fighting about anything he was just arguing that what it sounded like a 2500k is unable to keep up with starcraft 2 at extreme settings with a non overclock shrugs.

Then he called me a retard shrugs you tell me dark.
m
l
October 31, 2012 10:38:30 PM

Lol, sure lot more comments on here than 3 hours ago :p  Thanks for the support "bigshootr" "DarkSable", it doesnt go unppreciated, really. And well, im trying my best to wrap my head around it, but yeah i believe so. To be honest, the reason im trying to self-build this rig in the first place is, about 3 years back i bought myself a pc, about $500 at the time i thought it was very high end. (Incompetence -.-) The pc was i thought basic, typical gaming case, 500 GB memory, not really sure on the GPU, but regardless. I decided to run and play the MMO "aion", at first it ran smoothly, i mean the entire time i ran it in window but i thought it looked decent. I stopped that for a while and got myself ST2. Now that started to give me problems. During this time i was playing on i believe a 19'' DELL monitor, which is giving me a shitload of problems :/  i have Vista on it, and idk, everything seems to run slow, games lag like off the charts, and its just not what i want. So about a year ago, i decided to start saving up my pennies to build a custom PC. And very inexperienced to the subject, i decided to go around looking at reviews, and youtube setups and trying to collect a list of all the best components not really caring about the price, or if any of these parts went toghether, so i wanted some help. What im honestly looking for which im getting great help finding is- Im not a 24/7 gamer, with all the latest games, i would like to be able to play the most common games out there in HD, and have a fantastic expirience with my setup. Ive come to realize that triple monitors take alot of juice, but ive had my heart set on it and would hate to havve to decline. I would like good sound, but not at the means of paying for it if i cant really hear the difference/ [ You know what i mean ] And basicly, a bagful of tips and hints to make this happen. Which i have been getting. Hopeful and crossing my fingers that it cost $2500 or below would be amazing. But i would just like a rig that i can play my games very content, smooth, clean sound, and a good time. If it means "overclocking" [Whatever that means] than sure, but thats basicly the Dream right there.. ^^ And yes Dark, im a Guy
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 10:47:07 PM

Well here's the thing.

If you get a single monitor, you can get a computer that'll cost about $1200 and it'll max out any game out there.

If you want a decent gaming rig, that'll run medium settings, it'll be $8-900.

If you want three monitors, well... it seems an awful shame to run three monitors at medium settings, but we could figure out a way to do it cheaply.

As for sound, the speakers make the most difference. Like I said, if you aren't playing high-def files (youtube doesn't count), there's really no need for a sound card. If you do want to play audiophile tracks, then by all means, get a sound card.
m
l
October 31, 2012 11:05:41 PM

Yeahh you kknow what, Forget the Sound card definately. Umm lets try and figure out the numbers for 3 monitors that i can max out any game in awesome graphics. If i see i cant do it, or its not worth it, i guess ill go with the single larger monitor. But triple is the dream, but i have to be realistic. But ill work with you, [ actually lets rephrase that to you really tell me whats best and ill do my best to research and discuss. ] I need all the help i can get, and im willing to do my best to help get everything certain and set in stone, if you get me.
m
l
a c 87 U Graphics card
a b V Motherboard
October 31, 2012 11:17:21 PM

Well... Maxing out any game takes a lot of work. It also might not be very cost effective, since you said you don't play games very often.

What games do you play most? If it's not THE most intensive games on the market, it'll help costs a bit.

Do you have a rough budget? That'll help a LOT for us to know what we're looking for. You mentioned $2000 - if you go a bit above that, the build I linked will max out any game. If you want lower, we can build around your price and performance wishes.
m
l
!