Driver Updates

I recently purchased the Sims 2. It's installed and
everything. When the program loads and attempts to
start, I get an error telling me to update DirectX and
get all the latest drivers available.

How do I do that?? I have the latest version of DirectX,
so how do I update my drivers???

Thanks in Advance!

-Taryn
2 answers Last reply
More about driver updates

    Do you have the latest drivers for your video card? Check the manufacturer's
    web site.

    "TarynPitre" <tarynlpitre@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    >I recently purchased the Sims 2. It's installed and
    > everything. When the program loads and attempts to
    > start, I get an error telling me to update DirectX and
    > get all the latest drivers available.
    >
    > How do I do that?? I have the latest version of DirectX,
    > so how do I update my drivers???
    >
    > Thanks in Advance!
    >
    > -Taryn

  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    This means you do not have the latest DirectX version or your Graphics
    Card drivers are not updated. To get Direct X 9.0c, go here:

    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=0a9b6820-bfbb-4799-9908-d418cdeac197&displaylang=en

    Depending on your video card, it is most likely an ATI or nVidia. Go to
    ati.com or nvidia.com to find the latest driver updates.

Drivers Device Driver Directx Windows XP