New MB + RAM = Bluescreen?

AkumaSlayR

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012
Hello Guys,

I just recently bought myself a new Mainboard (Asus M5A97 Rev2.0) and 8 DDR3 1333 (CSX).
I also purchased a new CPU Cooler for my Phenom II x4 965 (Artic Cooling Freezer 13). My GPU is a HD5770v2 from Asus. Since i installed the MB, the RAM and the Cooler, my Windows kinda screwed up everything. I needed to reinstall Windows, which was not a problem at all. But ever since, i am getting bluescreens in unregular intervals. It is refering to amdkmdag.sys. I tried reinstalling the driver a few times, but nothing seems to be working. Also tried to turn off the Overlock feature from Catalyst. Running a memory test said that my memory is working fine and has no errors.

Why do i keep getting those bluescreens and is there any way to solve these issues?

Greetings,
AkumaSlayR

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

amdkmdag.sys sounds like something else and he said he ran the memory test error and no errors..If it was memory he would get page fault in a non page area or memory management error

AkumaSlayR

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

I looked up on the internet and several guys said, that amdkmdag.sys had something to do with the driver of my GPU, however every "fix" did not help me at all. Also, i did run a memtest, yeah, which was completed without any error.

AkumaSlayR

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Sure i can, would have been the next thing on my To-Do list. I actually did speak to the computer shop saleman today, he told me to try exchanging the RAM, which would be the next thing after trying an older driver. Going for the 12.6 now, worked fine for me before :)

AkumaSlayR

Honorable
Oct 24, 2012

Im not that rich that i can buy a new card every month, have to pay fees and much more aswell. So no, i did not try getting another Card. I would also think more than twice before i buy a nvidia-card :)

fil1p

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2010
You could try one stick of ram at a time, and then run memtest. Or try other memory. You could also use driver sweeper to remove the drivers for your GPU and then download and install the latest ones.

determinologyz

Honorable
Sep 21, 2012

Its not the ram as been stated..Im guessing driver issue