Sign in with
Your question

Is this liquid cooled system ok?

Last response: in Systems
December 18, 2012 10:07:16 PM

hey, i plan on making a new fully liquid cooled sytem. here is the build
http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=wish_list...
is there any faults in the planing or ways to save money or impovements on it i can make. i plan to have three displays that is why i went for the 7970 but if a 670 would perform the same as a 7970 tell me and ill hapily change it.

thanks in advance

More about : liquid cooled system

December 18, 2012 11:34:43 PM

2x 240 rads will not be enough to cool i7 3930K and 3 liquid cooled 7970's

I have a 3930k and 2x 7970's all liquid cooled with 1x 360 rad and 2x 120 rads and the delta temps start to get a bit high for my liking in hot summer days. (my cpu and gpu's are overclocked though)

If u want to have triple GPU's water cooler your going to probably need at least 1x 240 and 1x 360 (same cooling area as mine) and not overclock, and if u want to overclock your going to need more

I wouldn't use a coolant, just get colored pipe if u want to make it look nice
Extra pipe is always handy incase you cut something wrong or need more to lay it out a different way

m
l
December 18, 2012 11:42:25 PM

kitsunestarwind said:
2x 240 rads will not be enough to cool i7 3930K and 3 liquid cooled 7970's

I have a 3930k and 2x 7970's all liquid cooled with 1x 360 rad and 2x 120 rads and the delta temps start to get a bit high for my liking in hot summer days. (my cpu and gpu's are overclocked though)

If u want to have triple GPU's water cooler your going to probably need at least 1x 240 and 1x 360 (same cooling area as mine) and not overclock, and if u want to overclock your going to need more

I wouldn't use a coolant, just get colored pipe if u want to make it look nice
Extra pipe is always handy incase you cut something wrong or need more to lay it out a different way

ok thanks, can you make a recommendation on a case that supports that many radiators for around the same price, i should be good to go another $50-70 on a case, thanks for your help

PS. what should i use instead of coolant as i have always been told to use it so yeah again thanks
m
l
Related resources
December 19, 2012 12:29:40 AM

Just pure distilled water is the way to go, works better then any coolant. Also a Kill coil is helpful.

Cases I am not sure, Personally I am using a Corsair Obsidian 800D for mine, Basically all i can suggest is find a case that has a Spot for a 360 Rad to begin with, then see what you can Mod or add more rads to other spots

Just spend some time going to PC Case gears Case List, they have extensive pictures and details so you should be able to find something
m
l
December 19, 2012 12:32:23 AM

Personally I would look at saving a few bucks on that power supply, unless you cant live without the Red LEDS there are some better options for cheaper prices.
m
l
December 19, 2012 1:54:44 AM

kitsunestarwind said:
Just pure distilled water is the way to go, works better then any coolant. Also a Kill coil is helpful.

Cases I am not sure, Personally I am using a Corsair Obsidian 800D for mine, Basically all i can suggest is find a case that has a Spot for a 360 Rad to begin with, then see what you can Mod or add more rads to other spots

Just spend some time going to PC Case gears Case List, they have extensive pictures and details so you should be able to find something

do you think this will be good enough http://www.pccasegear.com/index.php?main_page=product_i...
m
l
December 19, 2012 2:26:06 AM

Don't get a ozc power supply, get a corsair or seasonic, generally better quality brands.
m
l
!