Sign in with
Your question

Steam complaint forum blew up my old pc, bought a new one now cant play human re

Tags:
Last response: in Windows 7
February 28, 2012 8:32:22 PM

i bought deus ex human revolution last august and played about a third of it on my old pc. then about 3 weeks ago i caught the 110v-230v switch at the back and blew it up. the hdd was ok and now i know the graphics card is ok as i have it in my new pc. i reinstalled deus ex hr and have tried for 3 weeks to play the game i have in my hand which cost me £30 , steam have been no help at all just reinstall,try changing you screen resolution, try this and that. have i any chance of getting my money back from edios as i have a game i cannot play and just sits there in its box to infuriate me.
my system is:-
AMD BULLDOZER X4 FX-4100 AM3 4.0 GHZ CPU
8 GB 1333MHZ DDR3 RAM
1TB HARD DRIVE
ATI HD RADEON 5670 HDMI 1GB
WINDOWS 7 64 BIT
Any help would be greatly appriciated, mikey
a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2012 9:30:44 PM

cant see you getting your money back

most places (at least in the uk) have a no return policy on audio ,video and pc games as they can

be copied

a b $ Windows 7
February 28, 2012 10:54:56 PM

Are you installing the game from the DVD or through Steam? As long as you registered it Steam will let you to download and install it through them. What errors are you getting? Have you tried uninstalling your graphics driver and reinstalling it?

I would guess you have about a 0% chance of getting any money back.

I just got the game on sale for $10 at Steam this past weekend. Great game so far.
a c 367 $ Windows 7
February 29, 2012 4:47:09 PM

Why can't you play the game? You posted what they had you try, how you bought it, but forgot to put in what the issue is.
!