Solved

Radeon HD 7870 vs GTX 660 (non-ti)

11 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about radeon 7870
  1. Which games do you play ?7870 is better in some and 660 is better in some always best to look over the benchmarks for games you play and see which one is fastest playing those games. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/
  2. Yeah, it all depends on the game like bigcyo said. But usually when the 7870 is overclocked then it will beat the 670 in some instances.
  3. Best answer
    7870, hands down.
    It can overclock better than the 660, I would get a 7870, it offers better stock performance as well.
  4. bigcyco1 said:
    Which games do you play ?7870 is better in some and 660 is better in some always best to look over the benchmarks for games you play and see which one is fastest playing those games. http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/AMD/Catalyst_12.11_Performance/

    would this card be a decent option for a 7870? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983 Thanks!
  5. samp55 said:
    would this card be a decent option for a 7870? http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102983 Thanks!

    That's a good 7870 card. Sapphire is a very reliable company and their customer service is superb from personal experience.
  6. Limerick said:
    That's a good 7870 card. Sapphire is a very reliable company and their customer service is superb from personal experience.

    Thanks! I've heard about some issues with black screens with that particular card, is that a common issue or the exception for this card?
  7. They are both pretty much the same, but since the 7870 is cheaper I would go for that.
  8. Best answer selected by Samp55.
  9. I hope you haven't ordered yet but the black screens seem to be an issue with some Sapphire Cards so far the 7870's are affected and AMD is aware of the problem so for now I would recommend steering clear from Sapphire cards.

    Link here and info: http://www.techpowerup.com/174858/Some-Sapphire-Radeon-HD-7870-Cards-Affected-by-quot-Black-Screen-quot-Issue.html
  10. samp55 said:
    Best answer selected by Samp55.

    n
    nOh and you want the 7870 HAWK, MSI's superb model of the 7870
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Gaming HD Radeon Graphics Product