Status
Not open for further replies.

abizer14

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012
Quick Question: Can I crossfire an AMD HD 7770 with an AMD HD 7770 OC FLex version?
And if so how much better performance will I get? My mobo supports LucidLogix MVP as well so I use both the discrete GPU and the integrated GPU while gaming, so will crossfiring this card give better performance than LucidLogix?
And as for frame rates how much better will they get on crossfiring and will it reduce fps frops? Lastly How many crossfire bridges should I use? I have read some threads where people say 1 is better, others say 2 are better please suggest? and yeah my specs are:
mobo:Asus Maximus V GENE
Processor:i5 2500K
RAM-4X3 (Corsair Vengeance)(1600Mhz)
HD:1 TB
1 optical drive
PSU:Corsair GS 700
Chasis:Cooler Master Enforcer

Solution
The best use of crossfire is when you buy the best card you can afford at one time, then later, when prices have dropped, you can get a cheap second card that will give a pretty good performance boost. In this case, you are going to spend $250, you should get a 7950 and later CF with another 7950 when the 8xxx series is out.
In the last few series of cards, it seems like 2 x4870s = 1 5870, and then 2 5870s = 1 6970, and so on. Usually the mid level performance cards follow this trend better than their higher end cards, valuewise. The 7xxx series is not a significant leap past the 6xxx series this time around (lazy AMD?) so the trend was kinda bucked this time around. I could see the 7950 CF setup matching up with a 8870 or 8950 if they...
G

yes you can. They will just run at the frequencies of the slower card. The performance increase should be decent, but nothing special. As a 7770 by itself isn't a powerhouse.
Also Cross-firing with low end cards usually isn't the greatest. I would rather get a 7870 or equivalent nvidia card for around 250. As that is roughly what 2 7770s would cost.

From how I understand it you only need 1 bridge for 2 cards, just like SLI. I have never cross fired but i would assume the bridge thing is the same as SLI.

festerovic

Distinguished
The best use of crossfire is when you buy the best card you can afford at one time, then later, when prices have dropped, you can get a cheap second card that will give a pretty good performance boost. In this case, you are going to spend $250, you should get a 7950 and later CF with another 7950 when the 8xxx series is out.
In the last few series of cards, it seems like 2 x4870s = 1 5870, and then 2 5870s = 1 6970, and so on. Usually the mid level performance cards follow this trend better than their higher end cards, valuewise. The 7xxx series is not a significant leap past the 6xxx series this time around (lazy AMD?) so the trend was kinda bucked this time around. I could see the 7950 CF setup matching up with a 8870 or 8950 if they follow the current naming conventions.

Solution

abizer14

Honorable
Aug 15, 2012

I forgot to mention that I already have a HD 7770 and wont discard it for buying a better card, that will cost me a fortune! but I have enough budget to get another HD7770 hence my query.

kracker

Honorable
Jun 22, 2012

crossfiring two of those should be fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.