Looking to upgrade case, need suggestions

sanders2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Hello all,

I've been upgrading my build over the last year and I'm finally happy with all the components I have; however, I feel like my case is a bit inadequate. I'm currently using the COOLER MASTER Elite RC-310-BWN1-GP case ($30 mid tower case) and it's really quite cramped in there. My biggest space guzzler is my COOLER MASTER Hyper 212 Plus (the top of the heatsink basically touches the acrylic side window) followed by my GTX 670 Windforce.

In the end I think I'm looking for a wider mid tower or full tower case. My budgets up to $100 but ideally looking around $75, I don't need anything too fancy but I want my components to have some breathing room and better ventilation.

Please, reply with any suggestions. I really appreciate it!

groundrat

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2012
Depends on your budget. Also depends on what is important to you in a case. I will assume temperature control, cable management and build quality:
$60 or less: Coolermaster HAF 912, Thermaltake Dokker, Versa II, Antec 300
$80 or less: Rosewill Blackhawk, Thermaltake V6 Dock, Antec 902 V3(!), CM Storm Scout, CM 692 II
$100: Thermaltake Level 10 GTS, HAF 922, NZXT phantom , Antec P280(!),
$150: HAF 932, NZXT Switch 210, Antec 1100, Antec 1200V3
$200: HAF X, Rosewill Blackhawk Ultra, Thermaltake Level 10 GT

vanwazltoff, fractal seems fine, but I didn't include them since I have no experience with them.

nullifier

Honorable
Aug 8, 2012
Seconding one of the suggestions made by Groundrat, though not the exact same case it comes from the same family of cases. I just built a new system with the Cooler Master HAF 932 Advanced and it is by far the best chassis I've ever owned. It is large and decently heavy, but it cools very well and has all of the bells and whistles that make a good case great.

I'm taking into account cooling, ease of overall installation, cable management, looks, and noise. I know it's a bit pricey in regards to your budget, but I promise if you invest in a quality case to start, it honestly reduces quite a bit of issues that you may have in the future.

My build in this case: http://www.amazon.com/gp/customer-media/permalink/mo3AP97DZWAVRZ7/B001EPUQAE/ref=cm_ciu_images_pl_link

http://www.amazon.com/Cooler-Master-Advanced-SuperSpeed-RC-932-KKN5-GP/dp/B001EPUQAE/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

My secondary recommendation would most of the newer Corsair and Antec full tower cases, stay away from mid towers in my opinion.

sanders2

Distinguished
Nov 15, 2011
Thank you everyone fore the suggestions. I really appreciate it! After much deliberation, I've decided on the Corsair 400r case. At the new $80 price tag, it does everything i could ask.