Large loss of FPS when playing BF3

My Specs (nothing is overclocked):

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 @ 2.4 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-G33-DS3R
Corsair AX850
XFX ATI Radeon HD 6950 2GB
Elixir 2x2GB DDR2 800 Mhz memory

Recently, my PC slowed down, getting constant lock-ups and BSODs. I ran a memory test, and found one of my memory sticks were failing. I put back two memory sticks, knowing that they were fine as I was given them from a friend and it had worked perfectly for him. I found that the BSODs and lock-ups were because of the bad memory.

Before all this, my FPS was at 80-100 FPS on low. When I got the lock-ups and BSODs, it went straight down to 10-30 FPS, mainly around 30 and at times went down to 10. After I solved them, the frame rates are still the same.

I have updated my chipset drivers, ran many anti-virus and anti-malware scans, but to no avail.

Any ideas?
6 answers Last reply
More about large loss playing
  1. There may be multiple issues, such as incompatible DIMMs, slower RAM frequency, lower RAM count, etc...

It is a little bit hard to give a concrete answer with such little information.
    What was the type of RAM you had before and Now?

-Bloc97
  2. also try a drive sweeper and remove the ait video driver and reinstall it. it may be damaged.
  3. my assumption was also wrong /incompatible/or wrongly timed/or wrongly slotted ram.
  4. Sorry for such a late reply, I've been busy - here's a small file, with all my specs in em (used IOBit SysExplorer).

http://dropcanvas.com/0p5cm

EDIT: Just properly looked, seems like the file's a bit useless... Anyway, anybody know any software that'll tell me everything about my memory?
  5. xwdaniel2803 said:
    Sorry for such a late reply, I've been busy - here's a small file, with all my specs in em (used IOBit SysExplorer).

http://dropcanvas.com/0p5cm

EDIT: Just properly looked, seems like the file's a bit useless... Anyway, anybody know any software that'll tell me everything about my memory?

You could try CPU-z, free software that tells you a lot of info about your system.
  6. Roach75 said:
    You could try CPU-z, free software that tells you a lot of info about your system.

Okay, thanks will do.
Ask a new question

Read More

Radeon FPS Memory Graphics