Windows 8 Hard Drive Wipe

Hello.
I installed the windows 8 consumer preview recently and it errors when installing some wifi drivers. After re-setting my bios I could boot into windows 7 home premium 64-bit successfully after a biosy screen when it asked me which OS I want, 7 or 8? This is when I boot into my hard drive. When I boot into my ssd where 7 is, it still boots into 8 and I get the error screen. I have 7 on my Intel 310 series 160GB ssd, and 8 on my 500GB Hitachi HDD. I formatted my hitachi to have a partion with my data and one with 8. I have no data I need on 8. Can I re-format my hard drive tmdelete 8 and then boot off my ssd without my system becoming unstable?
10 answers Last reply
More about windows hard drive wipe
  1. Thank you, but does that delete it or simply stop the pc from being able to boot from it?
  2. Last step: Format Partition To Remove Windows 8
  3. Thanks.
  4. Wait, when I try to format my Hard Drive it says i cannot delete it because it is "system active" now when I try to shirnk it again I cannont when I right click I cannont use delete.
    Help?
  5. Are you booting up from your SSD?
    And the system bootmanger is on the SSD as well?
  6. I dont know what a bootmanger is, but I have to boot from my Hard Drive becuase if I booot from the SSD it goes to Windows 8, I get the error, pc restarts, then repeat.
  7. What happens when you boot while the HDD is disconnected?
  8. I dunno, I will try that later tonite.
  9. Wait, what is system bootmanager?
Ask a new question

Read More

Boot Hard Drives Windows 8