Sign in with
Your question

No internet connectivity wired or wireless

Last response: in Networking
December 9, 2011 1:19:20 AM

Hello,
Had a virus that I cleaned on my laptop. After virus removal I can connect to my FIOS router both wired and wireless but cant get to the internet. Can ping laptop and laptop can ping desktop. I have no issue on my desktop machine getting to the internet only issue is with laptop. I have disabled/removed all apparent firewalls/antivirus. Using Windows XP SP3 and both Firefox and IE. Proxy is off in Firefox and IE. . Have reset network adapters. Network adapters are set to get DNS and IP automatically. IP Config shows IP address and the DHCP and DNS Server addresses are correct (FIOS Router). Windows Firewall is disabled. Something is stopping me from going outside the local network. Any help would be much appreciated.
December 9, 2011 1:28:37 AM

Had a virus that I cleaned nn my laptop. Now I can connect to my FIOS router both wired and wireless but cant get to the internet. Can ping laptop and laptop can ping desktop. I have no issue on my desktop machine getting to the internet. I have disabled/removed all apparent firewalls/antivirus. Using XP SP3 and both Firefox and IE. Proxy is off in Firefox and IE. . Have reset network adapters. Network adapters are set to get DNS and IP automatically. Something is stopping me from going outside the local network. IP Config shows IP address and the DHCP and DNS Server addresses are correct (FIOS Router). Windows Firewall is disabled. Any help would be much appreciated.
December 9, 2011 1:35:16 AM

dbh95 said:
Hello,
Had a virus that I cleaned on my laptop. After virus removal I can connect to my FIOS router both wired and wireless but cant get to the internet. Can ping laptop and laptop can ping desktop. I have no issue on my desktop machine getting to the internet only issue is with laptop. I have disabled/removed all apparent firewalls/antivirus. Using Windows XP SP3 and both Firefox and IE. Proxy is off in Firefox and IE. . Have reset network adapters. Network adapters are set to get DNS and IP automatically. IP Config shows IP address and the DHCP and DNS Server addresses are correct (FIOS Router). Windows Firewall is disabled. Something is stopping me from going outside the local network. Any help would be much appreciated.

Is there any tool that I can run that would show me what application is blocking the connection to the internet?
December 9, 2011 2:21:48 AM

Could you provide some information of how the Desktop-Modem-Router-Laptops and other devices are connected
!