nespo6

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012
I ordered a brand new Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC'ed edition for my HP P6340f. I had to upgrade my PSU in order to accommodate the new graphics card. I ordered the Corsair CX 500. I installed the new PSU and it works great. Now the issue I'm having is with graphics card.

I put the graphics card into the PCI slot made sure it's seated correctly. I plugged in the 6 pin power connector and booted the computer. When I booted the PC with the graphics card in it there is no video output. I have tried both VGA and DVI ports on the motherboard and on the graphics card. Both give me no video output.

When the computer is powered on, both fans on the graphics card spin but still give me no video output.

What could be wrong?

PC Specs:

CPU: Intel Core2Quad Q8400
Motherboard: Pegatron IPIEL-LA3 (http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01746799&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=4120267#N31)
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 7850 OC
PSU: Corsair CX 500

Any help would be appreciated.

nespo6

Honorable
Oct 25, 2012

I tried that and that also does not work.

I found that when I change the BIOS settings so that it boots using the onboard graphics it boots normally. When I change the settings so that it boots using the graphics card I get no video output.