Sign in with
Your question

My first external build won't boot up ): Help!!

Last response: in Systems
December 19, 2012 4:27:08 PM

So I've been following along with a video as I do this. I've got the cpu power, cpu fan, pci express, main motherboard power, all hooked up. I have turned on the power supply, and made sure the electrical socket is working and not dead. But when I use a flat tip screw driver to short the two pins labeled "pwrbtn", nothing happens. My motherboard (asrock 970 extreme3) did not come with the audio header so I don't get any post beep. No fans turn on or anything. Nothing appears on my screen. Absolutely no response. I have also tried plugging in the cord labeled "PowerSw" from the case into the "pwrbtn" pins. I then pressed the power button and still nothing. Help please! D:

More about : external build boot

December 19, 2012 4:33:41 PM

Does the fan on the power supply turn on? If not, did you turn on the little power switch that is located on the power supply itself?
m
l
December 19, 2012 4:35:29 PM

djosbun said:
Does the fan on the power supply turn on? If not, did you turn on the little power switch that is located on the power supply itself?

The psu fan did not turn on, but I did turn on the switch located on the power supply.
m
l
December 19, 2012 5:17:02 PM

Shameless bump. I desperately need help and have to get this thing built by Saturday, assuming nothing is DOA : /
m
l
!