HD5870 HELP!!!

i got sapphire HD5870 and i changed the fan of it, i change from stock into deepcool v4000. i got 40deg cel in idle and 70-80 when playing games mostly GTA4. my deepcool v4000 is plug into molex and not in the mobo for i got no socket left.

my question is. is my fan(vga cool (deepcool v4000)) in 100% speed for i plugged it in molex? should i go back to stock fan or deal with deepcool v4000?

thanks guys :)
10 answers Last reply
More about hd5870 help
  1. I have never had the need to change out the fan on any of my cards, so I say go back to stock.
  2. So, what is your card temp with stock fan?
  3. The graphics card controls the fan speed, so your addon via MOLEX is probably pretty noisy.

    Go back to the default fan plugged into your card unless it doesn't work well enough with your addon cooler and temps are too high.

    Don't forget CASE FANS are also important. You should have at least one in the front and one in the back. For higher temps, consider two case fans in the front and two near the CPU.
  4. FYI, next time you get a graphics card just get a card with good cooling already. When I got my HD5870 I got the Vapor-X version from Sapphire Tech and it is really quiet.

    Also, I noticed your cooling solution has two 80mm fans as part of it? Are you planning to remove both fans?

    I'm starting to think your stock fan might not be designed to work that well with the addon cooler. If you really want to reduce noise maybe keep ONE of the 80mm fans and hookup the stock fan to be controlled by the graphics card. It might be quieter when not under load, but still ramp up when needed.
  5. well guys i switched to stock fan. i was planning to buy deepcool v6000 but it is so expensive and with stock fan i can control the speed by it self, i am just thinking that the manufacturer knows the best for what they have built

    here is the model of my GPU guys http://techreport.com/r.x/radeon-hd-5830/sapphire-card.jpg
  6. well it must be the temperature and humidity here. Philippines got 31deg celcius. it must be the temperature i currently live in. is this a part of temperature still?
  7. photonboy said:
    FYI, next time you get a graphics card just get a card with good cooling already. When I got my HD5870 I got the Vapor-X version from Sapphire Tech and it is really quiet.

    Also, I noticed your cooling solution has two 80mm fans as part of it? Are you planning to remove both fans?

    I'm starting to think your stock fan might not be designed to work that well with the addon cooler. If you really want to reduce noise maybe keep ONE of the 80mm fans and hookup the stock fan to be controlled by the graphics card. It might be quieter when not under load, but still ramp up when needed.



    never thought of that idea bro. i will do that next time :sol:
  8. stock fan: http://assets.hardwaresphere.com/uploads/2011/01/sapphire-radeon-hd-5870-graphic-card.jpg

    deepcool v4000: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/728/dvrih4jpg.jpg

    which is better guys? pick one with those for my sapphire hd5870. thank you
  9. lawrencemagno said:
    stock fan: http://assets.hardwaresphere.com/uploads/2011/01/sapphire-radeon-hd-5870-graphic-card.jpg

    deepcool v4000: http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/728/dvrih4jpg.jpg

    which is better guys? pick one with those for my sapphire hd5870. thank you


    I don't think one is "better"; I think they're just different.

    As I said before, I believe you said the addon cooler fans run at 100% because they can't be controlled via the graphics card. So they run NOISY.

    I'm also not sure if you can even hookup your old fan. Will it MOUNT?

    You can try:
    a) JUST the original fan (if it even mounts).
    b) REPLACE just one of the addon fans with the original fan.

    Not sure what else to say.
  10. photonboy said:
    I don't think one is "better"; I think they're just different.

    As I said before, I believe you said the addon cooler fans run at 100% because they can't be controlled via the graphics card. So they run NOISY.

    I'm also not sure if you can even hookup your old fan. Will it MOUNT?

    You can try:
    a) JUST the original fan (if it even mounts).
    b) REPLACE just one of the addon fans with the original fan.

    Not sure what else to say.



    deepcool v4000 runs quietly even plugged into molex. i cannot hookup with my old fan sir. i currently replace v4000 with the original fan. the original fan has 3000-3100RPM. but the deepcool v4000 has lower than that.

    deepcool v4000 has 4 tubes
    original fan has 5 tubes
    does this make sense?
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards DeepCool Fan Graphics