SP2 causing DVD RW problem

a b \ Driver
September 20, 2004 11:11:12 PM

Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
problem, other than uninstalling SP2?

Help
Anonymous
a b \ Driver
September 22, 2004 2:54:00 AM

If a TDK rep really said this, it was not well thought of. Actually this
would mean that TDK drives are incompatible with SP2 :)
What software do you use to burn disks? Roxio? Nero?

--PA

"Ron Pope" <ronpope2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:053b01c49f80$4415dbd0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
> Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
> problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
> I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
> invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
> be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
> problem, other than uninstalling SP2?
>
> Help
September 27, 2004 8:06:59 PM

Well now there are two of us. I don't know any additional
information. I found out when I first tried to burn a DVD.
My authoring program (Ulead DVD Workshop 2) just hung when
I went to the screen to burn the DVD. I then tried to
get into Premiere Pro and burn the DVD. It printed a
message "finding DVD drives" (or something like that) and
hung. I went out to TDK and the FAQ says if you are
having problems with their burner after installing SP2
then remove SP2. Thanks a lot..... Apparently TDK knows
about it. I tried deleting the drive in device manager
and re-booting but that did not help. I have a TDK 880N.

Dan

"Ron Pope" <ronpope2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<053b01c49f80$4415dbd0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
> Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
> problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
> I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
> invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
> be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
> problem, other than uninstalling SP2?
>
> Help
October 4, 2004 1:00:00 AM

From the FAQs at tdk.com

You may want to uninstall service pack 2. This can be done by going
to the Control Panel and then double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
From here you can look for Service Pack 2 on the list. Once found you
click on it once, click on Remove, and then let is uninstall. Restart
the computer after this has been done and the drive should be
redected.

My TDK 420N stopped working when I installed SP2. The above is the
oh-so helpful info from TDK. I've sent a message to their tech
support indicating that this is utterly unacceptable. Can't wait
to hear their response.

!