SP2 causing DVD RW problem

Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
problem, other than uninstalling SP2?

Help
3 answers Last reply
More about causing problem

    If a TDK rep really said this, it was not well thought of. Actually this
    would mean that TDK drives are incompatible with SP2 :)
    What software do you use to burn disks? Roxio? Nero?

    --PA

    "Ron Pope" <ronpope2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:053b01c49f80$4415dbd0$a601280a@phx.gbl...
    > Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
    > problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
    > I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
    > invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
    > be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
    > problem, other than uninstalling SP2?
    >
    > Help
  2. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    Well now there are two of us. I don't know any additional
    information. I found out when I first tried to burn a DVD.
    My authoring program (Ulead DVD Workshop 2) just hung when
    I went to the screen to burn the DVD. I then tried to
    get into Premiere Pro and burn the DVD. It printed a
    message "finding DVD drives" (or something like that) and
    hung. I went out to TDK and the FAQ says if you are
    having problems with their burner after installing SP2
    then remove SP2. Thanks a lot..... Apparently TDK knows
    about it. I tried deleting the drive in device manager
    and re-booting but that did not help. I have a TDK 880N.

    Dan

    "Ron Pope" <ronpope2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<053b01c49f80$4415dbd0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
    > problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
    > I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
    > invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
    > be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
    > problem, other than uninstalling SP2?
    >
    > Help
  3. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.device_driver.dev (More info?)

    From the FAQs at tdk.com

    You may want to uninstall service pack 2. This can be done by going
    to the Control Panel and then double-click on Add/Remove Programs.
    From here you can look for Service Pack 2 on the list. Once found you
    click on it once, click on Remove, and then let is uninstall. Restart
    the computer after this has been done and the drive should be
    redected.

    My TDK 420N stopped working when I installed SP2. The above is the
    oh-so helpful info from TDK. I've sent a message to their tech
    support indicating that this is utterly unacceptable. Can't wait
    to hear their response.

    dan@dhoelker.com (Dan) wrote in message news:<62414aa8.0409271506.492c6bac@posting.google.com>...
    > Well now there are two of us. I don't know any additional
    > information. I found out when I first tried to burn a DVD.
    > My authoring program (Ulead DVD Workshop 2) just hung when
    > I went to the screen to burn the DVD. I then tried to
    > get into Premiere Pro and burn the DVD. It printed a
    > message "finding DVD drives" (or something like that) and
    > hung. I went out to TDK and the FAQ says if you are
    > having problems with their burner after installing SP2
    > then remove SP2. Thanks a lot..... Apparently TDK knows
    > about it. I tried deleting the drive in device manager
    > and re-booting but that did not help. I have a TDK 880N.
    >
    > Dan
    >
    > "Ron Pope" <ronpope2002@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<053b01c49f80$4415dbd0$a601280a@phx.gbl>...
    > > Since I upgraded XP Home edition to SP2 I am having
    > > problems with my DVD+RW drive. When I try to burn a disk
    > > I sometimes get an error message saying - "Host adapter
    > > invalid\H1 T1". My drive vendor (TDK) says that SP2 may
    > > be causing the problem. Is there a solution to this
    > > problem, other than uninstalling SP2?
    > >
    > > Help

Drivers Windows XP