System Drops FPS randomly and permanamtly

pankomputerek

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
I have been using my rig for over a year now.
I have been getting some static-like-discharge on the front panel and I it keep shutting it off every time I connected anything to the front ports.

I have taken my rig apart to search for possible short cables, didn't find anything.
The problem seems to have gone away *touch wood * however my system randomly becomes very choppy after some time in use usually about half an hour in but sometimes it's very stable and nothing happens.
By very choppy I mean that the fps in the entire system drops to almost 1 fps while the system barely gets any load (~20% most of the time on ram and CPU, GPU 1%). The only way to fix the problem is to restart the system.

The issue has never occurred to me before and if anything happened it would fully crash and reboot itself. The current issue occurs on windows and Linux.

My setup is like follows:
M4a89gtd pro/usb3
1100t no over clock
vtx3d 6970 GPU
16gb ram (ddr3, Kingston kvr1333d3d9/4g from motherboard compatible list)
Cooler Master scout case with stock 700watt silent pro PSU
2hdd's (1 for windows other for Linux)
Internal card reader
Lite On DVD drive
2additional fans on side

pankomputerek

Honorable
Dec 19, 2012
From initial tests the mouse was causing a problem. I took it apart and 1 diode and 1 resistor were not installed.
Strangely enough I have been using it for a fair while and got the issue just now.

Will post updates if issue re-occurs.

*Now I am getting memory dumps... :( *