Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

1080p at 30fps vs 720p at 60fps

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
Share
November 1, 2012 3:46:59 PM

^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^h

More about : 1080p 30fps 720p 60fps

a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 3:50:13 PM

You could play at 1080p and just turn down the settings to get 60fps. That's what I'd do.
Anonymous
November 1, 2012 3:54:03 PM

Hows about 2560 x 1600 at 60fps+. Thats how I roll!
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 3:55:18 PM

mantalic said:
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^
^^^^^^^^^^h


Im assuming you want to know what the difference between 60fps at 720p and 30 fps at 1080p looks like?

If so check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjk1SXPJR2Y

You can also play a game on the 360 then play on your pc at same resolution and see the difference. Games are a bit slower at 30fps.

Obviously 60fps is preferred. But you will have to sacrifice settings to go from 720p to 1080p and keep 60 fps. As you are doubling the pixels rendered.
November 1, 2012 3:55:35 PM

Anonymous said:
Hows about 2560 x 1600 at 60fps+. Thats how I roll!


Donate me your car,
November 1, 2012 3:57:34 PM

yarmock said:
Im assuming you want to know what the difference between 60fps at 720p and 30 fps at 1080p looks like?

If so check this out.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjk1SXPJR2Y

You can also play a game on the 360 then play on your pc at same resolution and see the difference. Games are a bit slower at 30fps.

Obviously 60fps is preferred. But you will have to sacrifice settings to go from 720p to 1080p and keep 60 fps. As you are doubling the pixels rendered.

Youtube is at 29.97 fps so the video is wrong
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 4:01:10 PM

mantalic said:
Youtube is at 29.97 fps so the video is wrong


What exactly is your question?

Is this in relation to video cameras? or gaming?

Im guessing its video? as a lot of cameras only allow you to shoot at 60fps if you drop the res down to 720p
November 1, 2012 4:02:24 PM

Myself, I can't notice a difference between 40 and 60 fps, but I can quite notice 30.
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 4:05:33 PM

mantalic said:
Youtube is at 29.97 fps so the video is wrong


That may be so, but you can still tell a difference between the resolutions in that video.
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 4:09:29 PM

did you already have the monitor?
November 1, 2012 4:18:34 PM

I am not buying no monitor, this is just a question to see peoples preference, so would you prefer playing 720p 60fps ultra settings or 1080p 30fps ultra settings
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 4:55:34 PM

I would probably turn down the settings before either of those options, but all depends on the game... for FP games 60fps is a must IMO
a c 147 U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 4:57:07 PM

for me i will play at monitor native resolution. if you give me frame rates and native resolution i will choose native resolution. if i can't get good frame rates with the setting i want i will get a new card instead of lowering resolution :p 
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 5:14:54 PM

well its neither for me. i have a 1440*900 monitor and i play at that resoution only . still looks pretty good though. how much of a difference would a jump to a 1080p display make ?
a b U Graphics card
November 1, 2012 5:27:25 PM

mohit9206 said:
well its neither for me. i have a 1440*900 monitor and i play at that resoution only . still looks pretty good though. how much of a difference would a jump to a 1080p display make ?


Roughly a third better than your current res
!