Nvidia for physx with amd cards?

plattman02

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2011
Hey guys, i currently have 2x560tis in sli and im about to upgrade to 2x7970 hd radeons for my triple monitor setup. What i was wondering is if i can crossfire the two 7970s and leave one of my 560tis in for physx??

Thanks!!

IMHO it is better to go for nvidia setups entirely if you want physx. no hassle about hack to make the card work with amd gpu.unless you already have amd gpu but still want physx that's a different story.

some people are concern with 680/670 2gb ram (not to mention the 4gb will cost much more) but i suggest you to look at this review:

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2012/10/31/galaxy_geforce_gtx_660_ti_gc_3gb_sli_review

just my 2 cents :)

CustomPc

Honorable
Oct 27, 2012
Users\user\Documents\My Games\[gamename]>bin or something it differs from one game to another>stay looking untill you find somthing called "config.ini" after that open it click CTRL+F search for nvidia or Physx untill you find it set it as TRUE

It is very easy to do with a simple .exe or a batch file to take care of the registry hacks and a modified driver to allow other non nvidia cards to be present already exists.

The only thing that will hold you back is using an older graphics driver and a older physx driver but that is all and it will run.