Graphics Card for Three Monitors (HDMI/DVI Only) Good & Cheap???

mcdonsco

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
I have three 24" Asus monitors that only connect via HDMI/DVI or VGA and amazingly enough they all work on my existing LAPTOP (way to go Lenovo!) using two DP to HDMI adapters and running one straight HDMI (from the laptop's dock).

I have a Core i3 desktop that I was using as a WHS 2011 server, but I've decided to axe WHS and install Win8 pro on it and ditch the laptop all together (in favor of a win8 tab instead).

I'm not real up to date on the tech available these days in terms of individual components but I need to get a graphics card for this desktop that will power all three monitors at the SAME resolution / quality (I run them at 1920x1080 currently).

The mobo is an ASUS P8H67-M PRO/CSM and has one DVI and one HDMI only.

I'm not concerned with gaming or high end graphics at all, I use all three screens for office apps, spreadsheets, web, outlook etc and remote desktop to my HTPC to play music from the theater system while working.

I'm fairly confident I could just add a video card with either DVI or HDMI (or both) to power one screen and then use the mobo's onboard HDMI & DVI for the other two screens, but I'm concerned the screens, then being powered by different graphics chips, would look different and I'm a bit OCD about that, anal actually.

Any suggestions for a CHEAP but good quality card that would run all three monitors at same resolution, quality/colors etc?

mcdonsco

Distinguished
Jul 31, 2008
Per your suggestions I was looking at this MSI one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127709

So I would have one monitor connected via DVI, one via HDMI and one via Displayport (to HDMI adapter as the screens don't have DP).

Would the resolution/quality/refresh rates/color etc be the same across them? Just seems with three different connections there would be some difference there?

Thanks for the suggestions too!

All three ports would be using digital video signals. There shouldn't be any difference in image quality.

I believe there would be a greater chance of differences if the video signals were analog like what a D-SUB VGA port uses.

You're going to have to purchase a DP (DisplayPort) Male to HDMI Female Adapter because there aren't any included with the card.