Nvida Drivers has stopped Responding OPen GL error code 8

jshirley338

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Hello everyone and thx for you time! its much appreciated.

I'v been running my current computer for about over a year now with almost no problems that I couldn't Iron out my self.I'v done a little research and the little that I found did not help

So ONLY when I'm in desktop or watching a movie,two minutes in or soo the screen will go black then come back after a few seconds,then I get the Open GL error code 8.Here is what Iv tried:

Of course everything is update,no viruses.
Games for hours and hours in Battlefield 3 Ultra settings @120hz

*I tried every know driver for my cards MSI GTX 580 in SLI ,with a clean install and Driver sweep each time.

*Tried the Register cleaner using CC cleaner

*Manual changed Powermizer values setting in Registry(PowerMizer,PerfLevel,PowerMizerAC,and one other one.with reboot, to no effect.

*Under clocked with Afterburner! now I just read a post stating that The underlclock may not be its True value?? with afterburner?? but tried various voltage setting with no effect.

*One thing I did notice is that when I uninstall the sound driver for my Creative XFI card this error does not occur,thats with the Drivers installed for the cards??

*Checked to see if error occurs in single GPU mode,and it does but with less time on black out screen issue,still same error code

*Ran Mem test,results OK

*Ran hard drive error test,Results ok

* Ran various GPU benchmarks with no probs very good Frames.

* So I'm thinking it has to do with the sound drivers and GPU drivers conflicting?? not sure thow,

Anything suggestions will help thx. :fou:

jshirley338

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

I'm using VLC player but, even If Im not playing a movie! it happens.

For example no programs running,I have basic windows 7 theme set,and I get up for 2 mins and not touch my mouse,then it happens then!With no activity it happens,if im using the mouse and browsing the internet then its fine,but the second the mouse stops moving for a min the prob occurs,sometimes causing me to have to restart in order to play a game.Other than this prob my computer runs Fine!.

jshirley338

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
This error with The open GL, does not occur with out any sound drivers installed.mobo or third party!I sat their and ran a test Where with sound drivers and graphics drivers isntalled it takes about1-2 min with no mouse activity then it occurs.If i Just unistall the Sound card drivers the prob stops.These drivers where just updated 10/25/2012

jshirley338

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012

LOL well what do you know they did just posted up new ones TODAY! Hmm ok well I'll give those a try and see,most likey that was the prob,Because the driver before the ones today weren't updated for a year or so,then they came out with ones last week!they must have been buggy!

jshirley338

Honorable
Nov 1, 2012
Event ID 3001 — Performance Counter Loading
4 out of 8 rated this helpful - Rate this topic

Updated: August 5, 2011

Applies To: Windows Server 2008 R2
red

Performance counters are collected and used by services and applications. If they are installed incorrectly or with improper permissions, performance counters cannot be loaded, and services or applications cannot collect or interpret the data.
Event Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 3001
Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Version: 6.1
Symbolic Name: LDPRFMSG_REGISTRY_COUNTER_STRINGS_CORRUPT
Message: The performance counter name string value in the registry is not formatted correctly. The malformed string is %1!s!. The first DWORD in the Data section contains the index value to the malformed string while the second and third DWORDs in the Data section contain the last valid index values.
Resolve
Rebuild the list of available counters

Membership in the local Administrators group is required to complete this procedure.

To rebuild the list of counters in the registry:

Click Start, expand All Programs, and expand Accessories.
Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
At the command prompt, type lodctr /r, and then press ENTER.

Verify

You can use Windows Reliability and Performance Monitor to verify that netowkr performance counters are properly collected and displayed in a Performance Monitor graph. In addition, you can use the typeperf command to get a list of the available counters on the local system.

Membership in the local Administrators group is required to complete these procedures.
View counters in Performance Monitor

To view counters in Performance Monitor:

On the computer where you want to view counters, click Start. In the Start Search text box, type perfmon.exe, and then press ENTER.
In the navigation pane, expand Monitoring Tools, and then click Performance Monitor.
Click the Add button to open a list of available performance counters.
In the Add Counters dialog box, you can click Help for more information on adding counters. When you have finished adding counters to the list, click OK.
Verify that the performance counters you selected are displayed in the Performance Monitor graph.

The command I typed in is lodctr /r

Copyright Microsoft (2012)