DirectX 9.0c

I have tried to install DirectX9.0c and the install never
writes the file system.dll to my machine? Can I uninstall
it? can I copy the file manually
---Dave

Hello David,

Sorry there is no uninstall for Directx.
I had the same problem with Directx 9.0c -. XP SP
Your about to re-install SP2 so do all the usual disk maintainence,
uninstall unnecessary programs, disk cleanup, defragment.
Then Uninstalled all DX with Directx Eradicator dxe109b2.exe 92kb at
http://www.softpedia.com/public/cat/14/4/14-4-40.shtml

Restores original DX files from XP OS Install Disk.
Check Directx 8.1 with System Information in:
Start/All Programs/Assecories/System Tools/System Information
Tools/Directx Diagnostic Tools

Reboot in Safe Mode with Network
Re-install SP2 here:
http://download.microsoft.com/download/1/6/5/165b076b-aaa9-443d-84f0-73cf11fdcdf8/WindowsXP-KB835935-SP2-ENU.exe

Directx 9.0c will appear all previous Directx should be eradicated. .

Good Luck DV Novice