GTX 560TI 2GB

Hi i have just bought a point of View GTX 560 Ti 2gb graphics card, i also bought a new BenQ monitor to use it with. I was previously using a GT 430 and a VGA connection now the 560 is DVI/HDMI only no VGA port. When i plugged in the new Graphics there was no display, the monitor will display using the gt 430 and DVI but when i switch them out and plau the dvi into the 560 it does no display and says no signal or something to the effect. The 560s fan is spinning when i plug it in and turn it on but no display .. can anyone help a poor lost computer noob with some advice?
14 answers Last reply
More about 560ti
  1. u tried another monitor
    u tried the vga on another computer
    u tried changing the cables
  2. and from where u bought the vga
  3. The GTX 560 does not have a vga port to test , only DVI and HDMI . My monitor has only VGA and DVI. When i plug in the 560 and turn on using DVI the is no display. The old graphics card works on the new monitor perfectly using DVI and VGA. The card is powered as the fan is spinning but im still not getting a picture. The old monitor i was using is only VGA so i cannot connect the 560 to it.
  4. It might be that the cable is broken.
  5. The Cable is brand new out of the wrapper and works fine when plugged into the old GT430
  6. Then it probably is the cpu bottlenecking. You could try overclocking it but because it only has dual cores I doubt there will be much difference.
  7. Overclocking? I cannot even see the screen with the brand new graphics card let alone access overclocking..

My CPU is an i5 2600k 3.4Ghz Quad core
  8. If you don't plug in the additional power to the video card, it will have the same symptoms you are describing.
  9. ariochqw said:
    If you don't plug in the additional power to the video card, it will have the same symptoms you are describing.

+1^ I think most if not all 560Ti's require two 6 pin connectors and if you are using a molex splitter to power the second one try and make sure you aren't pulling from the same rail as the other connector (power supply dependent).
  10. How do i do what you are saying? Will i have a 6pin connector already or is it something i would need to buy? I have a 500w PSU. Im sorry but im not exactly tech savvy .. i was told tht all i had to do was pull the old one out and plug new one in but it hasnt been the case...
  11. Luke29 said:
    Overclocking? I cannot even see the screen with the brand new graphics card let alone access overclocking..

My CPU is an i5 2600k 3.4Ghz Quad core

Oh then it can't be your cpu bottlenecking. That's a good cpu. I thought you said you had an i3 though. My bad.
  12. Luke29 said:
    How do i do what you are saying? Will i have a 6pin connector already or is it something i would need to buy? I have a 500w PSU. Im sorry but im not exactly tech savvy .. i was told tht all i had to do was pull the old one out and plug new one in but it hasnt been the case...

There's your problem. You need to plug in a six pin power connector from your power supply to the new board!
  13. You are looking for 6pin plug's from your power supply that is likely labeled pci-e. Looking at images on the point of view website it does appear it requires two of these.

Edit: Sorry I just saw you linked your power supply. It is modular so you need to find your two pci-e plugs and connect them to the video card. Other than that you look to be set.

It would look something like this: http://www.amazon.com/ENERMAX-Power-Supply-PCI-E-Modular/dp/B002FJLWI8
  14. ariochqw said:
    If you don't plug in the additional power to the video card, it will have the same symptoms you are describing.

Thank you, i believe you to be correct.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Gtx Graphics Displays