Tags:
  • Prebuilt
  • Gaming
  • Bottleneck
  • Build
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
December 20, 2012 3:10:39 AM

I have put a gaming pc on a VERY tight budget and would like advice like if bottlenecking or should change and item. The highest i would go is about 325$ and would need room to upgrade.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/tj9s

More about : budget gaming build advice

Best solution

December 20, 2012 3:34:06 AM

I'll be blunt. You don't have enough money. Get a PS3.

That build would be marginal at best and you don't even have an OS.

December 20, 2012 3:48:51 AM

Unfortunately I've got to agree, either save up more money or look at counsels.
m
l
Related resources
January 3, 2013 2:38:35 AM

Best answer selected by Icooper81.
m
l
January 3, 2013 11:58:16 AM

If you don't mind refurbished and open box components , buying those will save you alot of money and you could build a decent amd rig for that price. otherwise i would save and buy one thing at a time when it is on sale. a ps3 is not the way to go pc gaming is much better, besides you can use a pc for more than just gaming. and the games tend to be much cheaper.. hope this helps
m
l
January 3, 2013 2:54:02 PM

Im sorry but $325 is enough for a graphics card and a dvd drive. Look If I was you with that $325 I would buy in segments like first case then motherboard then cpu then gpu and so on. Then you will soon finish off your pc in the future. I did that 6 months ago and totaled out in the end at about $1110 all together. Still Im not not complete until iI buy a GTX 670 PE then another aftermarket CPU cooler. It takes tiime but in the end you will have a complete PC :) 
m
l
January 3, 2013 3:09:49 PM

meowmix44 said:
Im sorry but $325 is enough for a graphics card and a dvd drive. Look If I was you with that $325 I would buy in segments like first case then motherboard then cpu then gpu and so on. Then you will soon finish off your pc in the future. I did that 6 months ago and totaled out in the end at about $1110 all together. Still Im not not complete until iI buy a GTX 670 PE then another aftermarket CPU cooler. It takes tiime but in the end you will have a complete PC :) 

totally agree i think most people that how they build they rigs (not all of us are rich). time and buying quality components on the way will get you there. better than just buying a ps3 which i believe is a horrible idea. :pfff: 
m
l
January 3, 2013 10:00:19 PM

But dropping $325 NOW doesn't get him the ability to play games and by the time he gets around to finishing the system, it will be near obsolete. Buying a console means you can instantly play every title that is released for that console without having to worry about if you system can handle it (even on low) or that you have to come up with a $200 upgrade part to play that $60 game.

With that budget, you can buy a console and game NOW. Or you can start a savings fund that I wouldn't touch until it had about $600-700 in it. Then you can build a starter gaming rig.

m
l
January 3, 2013 11:55:20 PM

Actually, you don't have to wait months and or buy a console. If you don't mind buying a prebuilt rig that is used, just go to ebay. Its your best bet with your kind of money.
m
l