Sign in with
Your question

Intermittent duel monitor trouble

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 1, 2012 11:08:52 PM

Greetings all, thanks as always for any suggestions
i am running a gtx 570 on a sandybridge rig with a pair of samusng monitors. my secondary monitor is a bit older a sa350 (not true hd but works fine). Recently i have gone through a frustrating series of episodes where a monitor kicks out. I turn them off when I am not using them and leave the computer on and I want to say that this usually when it starts but am not certain that is always the case. At first I thought it was the newer monitor but sometimes it is one and sometimes the other. I thought maybe it was the dvi cable but when I switch them to the monitor that was working , it keeps working so that checks out. Then I thought maybe the input was blown on the card but I seem to be able to switch back and forth. This usually resolves while I am fiddling with plugging and unplugging the monitors trying to isolate is it monitor, card, or cable. So I have not been able to repeatedly know for certain but it seems like it has to be the computer or card itself. Any ideas if this is something that happens with these cards, its only a year and a half old, and when this started happening i updated the drivers.
thanks again.
November 1, 2012 11:35:31 PM

You should send your monitors to anger management to get them to stop dueling...
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2012 12:33:42 AM

When you turn the monitor on and off its possible that the system doesn't pick up the monitor again when you turn it back on. When you lose a monitor does the system still know its plugged in?
m
l
a b U Graphics card
a b C Monitor
November 2, 2012 12:47:50 AM

In AMD/ATI catalyst there a detect button/link to force detect the monitor....
maybe there some function that same for NVI...

also are the card O.C.-ed???
m
l
November 2, 2012 11:53:30 AM

mouse24 said:
When you turn the monitor on and off its possible that the system doesn't pick up the monitor again when you turn it back on. When you lose a monitor does the system still know its plugged in?

I was thinking maybe that happened but when I reboot it still will not work. the computer thinks there are two monitors according to the Nvidia control panel, but the monitor gives a check cable/no signal message
m
l
November 2, 2012 11:54:47 AM

rdc85 said:
In AMD/ATI catalyst there a detect button/link to force detect the monitor....
maybe there some function that same for NVI...

also are the card O.C.-ed???

have to look into it, but it seems as though the system detects the monitor as it is listed in my set up options and i can move my mouse as though it thinks the monitor is there, but the signal to the monitor is absent.
m
l
!