Fps decrease in crossfire

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Hey everyone. Installed my 2nd gpu sapphire 7950 to run in crossfire and my fps is now half of what one of my 7950's could do witch was 60+ fps now im getting 30 fps. This is a new pc build so no other gpu drivers ever exsisted and ive tested both cards and both work flawless seperatley also my psu is working properly. Ive uninstalled and reinstalled drivers properly with no success in performance for crossfire. My cpu is a amd fx 8120 clocked slightly at 3.9 up from a stock 3.1. My sysvtem build specs are available on my public profile of toms hardware. The gpu's are being utilized properly on bf3 both are in the 90% and the cpu is close to theh sacme percentages so loads look to be uniform other than the cpu witch is leading me to believe that its a cpu bottleneck. Also the fps is the same in campaign single player mode. At a lose for words here guys please help if you got any ideahs thanks :)

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012
The latest cap drivers i need are from what amd told me are already in their latest driver witch is beta 12.11 though i was running 12.8 before i updated and yes i uninstalled the older drivers properly first before installing the new ones.

Yes crossfire is enabled.

Yes the crossfire bridge is connected properly and its connected on the first connector of both gpu's

G

Psu? may be helpful If you psu isn't powerful enough or cheap it may not be able to power your cards properly. could just be a bad driver or a bad card

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012
PSU is fine and has ben tested its working properly its a 1000w psu and both cards work properly ive tested both seperatley. The drivers maybe porley designed but ive tried a few different sets doing full uninstalls and re installs succesfully.

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Ive cleaned and uninstalled old drivers and installed the updated ones didnt fix any issues

kitsunestarwind

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
you still have download the separate CAP files even if u have the latest drivers. Trust me

I just upgrade my AMD drivers right over the top if the installer for the drivers removes the old driver thats fine, i never uninstall it first (cause issues with crossfire and eyefinity detection sometimes) and the only thing i have ever done is install each new CAP as they come out.
never had and performance problems doing this method ever.

Also I never ever use CC cleaner or Driver sweeper on my GPU driver (unless going from AMD to NVidia or vice versa) doing that between AMD driver versions has caused me more trouble then its worth, especially since having a previously installed AMD driver version allows your new driver to keep your basic configuration detection for eyefinity and such

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Amd graphics tech said i dont because the cap drivers are already within the 12.11 i checked and they are cap 1 already comes with beta 12.11

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

Yes yes and yes

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

I dont use 3rd party sofware to uninstall old drivers i do that myself and as far as updating my amd ccc i let it do its thing the drivers i have now are the newest beta 12.11 witch has the most currant cap update in it look for yourself. In my begining question i suspected maybe my cpu was getting bottlenecked from crossfire.

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

That was one of the first things ive done up till this point and it had no affect to my issue. Ive also tested both cards seperatley they both work properly

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

With one card i get average 60 fps when i enable crossfire i get 30 fps and those are not average those are a strong constant. Other games i get no performance increase as well

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012

You can view my rig specs under my profile page of toms hardware

chi101proof

Honorable
May 30, 2012
Just so you guys know ive done all the things mentioned as far as un install and re install of drivers old and new. Ive also tested both gpu's and they both work perfect. Ive also had my psu tested and its fine. In games both gpu's gain a mid 90s to 99% usage with both at 810mhz though the cpu usage is close to the same usage percentages leading to believe there may be a cpu bottleneck with my amd fx 8120 @3.9ghz oc from 3.1. Cant think of anything else ive even tried disabling the ulps with no diffrence in my fps. Thinking about upgrading to the fx 8350 but dont wanna if i dont have to. Any other ideahs guys ? Thanks