Help With New Card's PSU

G

Hey guys, I was planning on picking up a 7870 or a 7950 soon, but my PSU is making me nervous. I have a HP computer, with 600w power supply. I know this is more than enough watts for the cards, but I'm not sure about voltages/efficiency or anything like that. (I know nothing about power supplies). The power supply is made by Delta, and is apparently high efficiency according to what it says on it. (I'm guessing that doesn't mean much). Any ideas on if this will be able to handle the 7870/7950 without any problems?

thanks for any help!

Here are some info I found on the unit

12Va --- 16A
12Vb ---18A
12Vc ---12A
12vd---10A
5.08v----16A
3.3v ----15A
5.08Vsb ----2A
-12V ---.3A

Is this good/bad? I really have no idea.

For a system using a single Radeon HD 7950 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 30 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

For a system using a single reference clocked Radeon HD 7870 graphics card AMD specifies a minimum of a 500 Watt or greater power supply. The power supply should also have a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 28 Amps or greater and have at least two 6-pin PCI Express supplementary power connectors.

A 600 Watt Delta Electronics made OEM power supply should have at least a combined +12 Volt continuous current rating of 42 Amps or greater. I don't know how many PCI Express supplementary power connectors your specific model has so you'll have to determine that yourself.

G

I believe just generic.

G

It does have 2 6-pins. Also, while customizing the computer before I bought it, I had the option of a 7950. I didn't buy it due to the fact that it was $100 more on the HP site, but the fact that it was an option means that the PSU can probably run it, right?