Sign in with
Your question

GTX 560, can't set clock speed?

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
November 2, 2012 12:37:48 AM

Hi,
I am accessing my control pannel and there appears to be no 'performance' side bar letting me set my clockspeed. I get wierd flickering, waving white in the background whenever I play any games so I assumed that was the problem.
What should I do?
November 2, 2012 12:44:01 AM

You'll need a third party software. I recommend MSI Afterburner.
m
l
November 2, 2012 12:56:18 AM

Limerick said:
You'll need a third party software. I recommend MSI Afterburner.

another question: Is it dangerous to mess with it? I mean going lower shouldn't harm it?
m
l
Related resources
November 2, 2012 1:01:28 AM

If the problem is hardware failure, lowering the clocks MAY mask the problem, but it will still be there.

Ensure you have the latest Nvidia Drivers for your video card. If that doesn't fix it, there is a possibility of defective hardware, and the best thing to do would be to simply begin the RMA process. (Warranty return)

**Lowering the clockspeed on your video card will not cause any damage.
*And if you are downloading MSI afterburner, can you give us your GPU temperature after about 10 minutes of gaming?
m
l
November 2, 2012 1:42:43 AM

azathoth said:
If the problem is hardware failure, lowering the clocks MAY mask the problem, but it will still be there.

Ensure you have the latest Nvidia Drivers for your video card. If that doesn't fix it, there is a possibility of defective hardware, and the best thing to do would be to simply begin the RMA process. (Warranty return)

*And if you are downloading MSI afterburner, can you give us your GPU temperature after about 10 minutes of gaming?

okay be it that I'm quite new to this how would I get you the information? FYI I finally downloaded it.
m
l
November 2, 2012 2:54:31 AM

azathoth said:

after 10 minutes it is at about 60-61
m
l
!