Is this build good for the price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackbullet3

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
i5 3470 Ivy Bridge 3.2GHz 6M L3 Cache LGA1155 Processor
Gigabyte GA-B75M-D2V Intel B75 mATX Ivy Bridge Socket 1155 2xDDR3-1600 PCI-E3.0 USB3.0 SATA3 Onboard VGA DVI
STRONTIUM HYNIX 4GB 1600MHz DDR3 Single Module PC12800 w/ Lifetime Warranty
Western Digital Blue Edition 1TB 3.5" SATA3 Internal HDD 7200RPM 32M CACHE 2 Year Warranty
LG GH24NS90 24X SATA INTERNAL SATA DVD WRITER Black colour , OEM package
COOLER MASTER Gladiator 600 black w/ 500W Peak PSU Blue 12cm Led Fan Cable management PSU bottom fan Top and side improve airflow

Is this build good for the price of $580 USD without the graphics card? (Ill buy seperate gfx card)

Yes that seems fine. The only thing I would question is do you plan on overclocking? If so you will need to get a z77 motherboard and an unlocked CPU. Also I would get a full ATX motheboard. Micro ATX will only have one PCI-e 16x slot and a number of PCI slots. The number of slots are limited and if you plan on Crossfiring or doing SLI you will have to get a new motherboard.

When choosing a build like this I do believe he doesn't got too much Money. So all that overclocking stuff can go right to the trash. It would mean he would need to spend more Money on MOBO, CPU and a decent cooler. While these Money could be used for a better GPU, which would actually give him some noticeable results instead of the bragging of his overclocking which is why most people overclock. Do you think a guy with an i5-3570k overclocked to 4.5 GHz using a Radeon 7850 would notice any difference in gaming, than one using a i5-3470 clocked at 3.2 GHz? I don't really think so.

It's better just using a single GPU.

2 GPUs doesn't mean 2 times the performance

2 GPUs doesn't mean 2 times the vram

2 GPUs does mean 2 times the power consumption

2 GPUs does mean 2 times the heat

Buy a powerful single GPU instead, you won't be running into as much trouble and have a more reliable performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.